Skip to main content
Topic: Motor mount question. (Read 2869 times) previous topic - next topic

Motor mount question.

Reply #15
I'm not known for leaving anyplace without at least a tire chirp in first.

the torque multiplication of your setup should be about 10x in first gear. mine is about 9.1 with the 3.35 first gear and a 2.73 rear. its also not uncommon for me to have 600-800 lbs worth of tools in my trunk.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Motor mount question.

Reply #16
Chuck W's FTW :headbang:
1987 TC

Motor mount question.

Reply #17
Quote from: Haystack;423931
I'm not known for leaving anyplace without at least a tire chirp in first.

the torque multiplication of your setup should be about 10x in first gear. mine is about 9.1 with the 3.35 first gear and a 2.73 rear. its also not uncommon for me to have 600-800 lbs worth of tools in my trunk.

Well that might do it ;). I never go WOT from a stop on the street. The only time I do that is at the track. If I try to leave a stop with anymore than 1/3 throttle it just spins the tires.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Motor mount question.

Reply #18
when we took out my son's motor this past summer, im staring at the engine coming up kinda in a daze, like i was day dreaming..
my son asks whats up and i said...
how in the hell is it that the motor stayed int he car.

he looked and didnt understand the impact yet

one half o the mount on the frame, the other half bolted to the block.

both mounts had separated through the middle of the rubber isolator.