Skip to main content
Topic: Need info about WOT cutout relay (Read 6697 times) previous topic - next topic

Need info about WOT cutout relay

Reply #16
Update.  WOT cutout, at the moment, is non-feasable.  The relay is grounded (on) the moment you turn on the ignition and stays on until AC is requested.  It function like a backwards AC clutch relay.  I could fake a constant AC request, and the valves would cycle open at startup a second or two then close, but that would effectively also either disable the AC clutch or force me to install some sort of manual interrupt in the circuit.  I'll still go forward using a 3 position switch for it (Off, Auto, Manual On), and I'll add the active control when I figure it out.  I considered a nitrous WOT switch, but that's my low-tech backup plan.

Reply #17
How about using the n/c contacts of a relay to activate the cutout?

Reply #18
So, I've been moving forward, here are some pics.  I may have a workaround solution for my issue with the way the WOT cutout works, I'll update on this later.  For now, pics.

Reply #21
Ok, I think I've got a way to have everything I want.  Yes, that's a dp3t double pole triple throw switch (good for you for catching that).  Positions left to right are manual, off, auto.  The weirdly shrunken looking relay in the bottom right is for the cutouts.

X

Here's what that looks like

X

Reply #24
Update. 
Today I blew the dust off this project and cut my H-Pipe, then welded in the d pipes it appears I fabbed 2 WHOLE YEARS AGO.  I mounted up the TB's and as expected, they leak just a tiny bit around the plates.  I don't care about that, but what I DO care about, is that if exhaust is flowing through them at all times in ANY measure, they're going to run hotter than I wanted.  This whole thing may just self destruct; but if it doesn't, I'll try to start wiring up simple controls I can operate while driving, before going on to build the integration I've planned on from the beginning.  At least I've managed to move my little experiment onto the vehicle.  Finally.

Re: Need info about WOT cutout relay

Reply #25
Update, it worked.  It was awesome, and about a week later, as predicted, self-annihilation. I installed block-off covers and cut out most of the wiring I added.
I suppose if Gumby wanted to, he could open them back up and use a vacuum actuated cutout or an electric cutout out actually made for the job.