Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 EVTM (Read 2242 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 EVTM

Did this forums have the EVTM's scanned to look at wiring diagrams? I had a 1988 Thunderbird EVTM and for the life of me, I can not figure out where it is.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Re: 1988 EVTM

Reply #3
Try this, Tbird Fanatic:

http://trinom.org/www/foxtbirdcougarforums/EVTM.pdf
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
Thank you for uploading this. Trying to figure out why I have the center top mount brake light and no tail light brake light. Turn signals and hazards work perfect and no blown fuses.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
@TheFoeYouKnow , I made a slimmed-down (file size-wise) version of the 1988 EVTM if you'd rather use that. It's about a tenth of the original file size, about 46MB total now vs. 465MB of the original.

https://www.coolcats.net/media/docs/1988evtm.pdf

Feel free to use it or link to it. At this point I'm willing to host anything like that.

Reply #7
Thanks Eric, that's actually where I ended up. I just assumed that I waa missing a fuse or a bad wire. When I crawled under to check fuses I found about 5 wires jammed into the fuse box with a bunch of splices. So I wanted a good reference if What it should have looked like.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #9
Link moved? Not working anymore.

Edit: That was on reference to Eric's post. Forum quote isn't working on mobile apparently.

Reply #11
Sweet!