Skip to main content
Topic: '86 Turbo Coupe, Auto.. Alabama $2,995......all original, Awesome daily driver....... (Read 924 times) previous topic - next topic

'86 Turbo Coupe, Auto.. Alabama $2,995......all original, Awesome daily driver.......

-as I have listed this for sale in the past, I am relisting it again, as I have been let go at my job.  HAPPY NEW YEAR! good way to start the year, but with these cirspoogestances,  Not knowing how things will go, I need to sell......soon! This car was bought new at Willmore Ford in McMinnville, Tn. as the second car for the wife of the family. It remained that way until it was passed to the daughter in high school. she kept the car until 2009, when she traded it to me for a Ranger pick-up. It was all original when I got it, save the deck lid spoiler, and I have pretty much kept it that way.  it had 188k miles on it when I got it and it now has just north of 250k.  I replaced the heater core in 2011. the A/C was the only thing not working when I got it, and when I did the heater core, I removed the a/c lines and compressor for access and heater hose replacement. Those parts will go with the car. Compressor was not locked up.  it has a new starter and altenator.  Just this summer in august I replaced the head gasket, timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, radiator/heater hoses and had the front end rebuilt. And while the head was off, it was sent to the machine shop where it was surfaced, had new valve stem seals installed, all new lifters and ranger roller cam installed. once the car was running, it then went to the ler shop where it had a complte exhaust system put on from turbo to tailpipe. 2.25" complete, no convertor, with turbo ler.  I have EVERY receipt to show work performed. Trans shifts exceptional and fluid kept changed.  This car is a GREAT cruiser. look at the pics. it needs some attention to the outside, but it turns heads everywhere it goes, and brings onlookers and talkers at every gas stop. rides and drives good. on the inside, everything works, except as stated a/c.  Radio, cassette tape, clock, lumbar, seat motor, pwr windows, fogs, etc. all lamps work on outside. correct spare tire is in trunk.  The only thing this car needs to be a real looker is attention to the outside.  As pics show, the paint is thin and clearcoat is gone.  correct color is Sandalwood which shows well and is evident in the jambs. the dent in the rh front fender is from teenage girl in the church parking lot backing into it. she cried.  that is the only dent on it.  it has some bubbling in the normal area for these cars, the corners of the back window. it has been inspected, and is only surface.  also has some on the pinch welds of the doors where the skin meets the shell at the bottom, and the bottom lip of the trunk lid and a minor spot or two under the door mldg.  Clean, well kept, and original.  great daily driver, or great start for restoration.  the Snyper wheels are NOT included with the car.  It will include the original 15" alum wheels on used BFG t/a's.  Any questions or inquiries please call or text me at 256-223-9809.
thanks.

will ad more updated pics tomorrow.....
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

'86 Turbo Coupe, Auto.. Alabama $2,995......all original, Awesome daily driver.......

Reply #1
wow, sorry about your job loss, hope you spring back quick and dont have to sell this car

Reply #2
Sorry about the situation. Good luck with the sale and in the job hunt.

Reply #3
XXX

Reply #4
XX

Reply #5
XX

Reply #6
XX

Reply #7

Reply #8
-red wire in engine pic is where I ran a wire to run fog lamps separately from headlight switch. ran it thru a separate relay to take the electrical load off the 25 year old wiring and light switch.  can be reverted back easily.  also when head was redone, new plugs and wires were installed, along with two new belts........

-I daily drove this car for most of the last 3 years except when down for repair, and this thing never let me down and was comfortable in the ride, most who've owned one know. but it is reliable,
would drive anywhere today.....

Reply #9
-bumpity.....got bills to pay...

Reply #10
called creditors most will give me till the end of the month. need to move or gonna have resort to drastic measures.........puppiesing???

Reply #11
-reduced to $2,800....need to move...

Reply #12
still available?

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #13
Quote from: MY83T;429186
still available?
hey, sorry. haven't been on. yes, it is still availiable..........