Skip to main content
Topic: Correct Serpentine Belt and Tensioner Numbers?(56k warning) (Read 1346 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Correct Serpentine Belt and Tensioner Numbers?(56k warning)

Reply #15
I braved the cold and got some estimated numbers for you on the pulleys. These were across the front (face) and all are estimates.

Crank - 8"
Tensioner - 3-3/16"*
Alternator - 2-1/2"
Air Pump - 5-3/4"
Power Steering - 6-13/16"*
A/C - 6"*
Water Pump - 6"*

*Best I could get without them being removed

Hope that helps!

Reply #16
Everything is basically about the same size if you remove the side ridges.
Im currently waiting for an 84+ alternator/smog pump bracket to come so i can finish putting this car back together but without measuring them and "just looking" at the tensioner brackets the later one seems to be shorter from the mounting bolts to the alternator bolt hole. That would bring the alternator closer some.
Edit: probably wouldve helped to include pics.

The angle doesnt help.
Im going to have go back and measure that to confirm and compare installed length to see if thats where the difference is at.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Reply #17
Just got finished putting the car back together and tensioner in. I never measured the tensioner brackets hole spacing since i didnt have my tape measure but after comparing them in hand and on the car the positioning on the alternator brackets there is no difference in location of the alternator bolt hole. The k805 belt fits properly.
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible