Skip to main content
Topic: Explorer/Mountaineer Mirror Lights (Read 887 times) previous topic - next topic

Explorer/Mountaineer Mirror Lights

I'm working on a project for my '96, and I'm looking for the lights that are built into the underside of the mirror housing.
I don't think the base-model Exploders had this option, but perhaps the lenses are still mounted in the housing (which is really all I need).
I've searched eBay but to no avail.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Explorer/Mountaineer Mirror Lights

Reply #1
I've heard some Mark VIII's had those lights also. :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #2
If the puddle lamps is what you're referring too they are on 97+ Mark VIII...  They'll bolt right on to the '96 Cougar (might even get a paint match if you're lucky) but you'll need to do a little wiring.

Search for racecougar or mopar68gtx as eBay sellers... appears mopar68gtx has a gen2 he's running parts from now.

Reply #3
Yes, but I love the design of the Thunderbird/Cougar lamps, so I'm not changing mirrors.
I'm thinking that I will find a way to install 'em into the housings and wire them myself.
Thanks for the eBay seller names! I'm going to send 'em some questions.
:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]