Skip to main content
Topic: WTB: Low-frequency Crossover (Read 1094 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB: Low-frequency Crossover

I'm looking for a basic crossover for my stereo.
Nothing elaborate, just a small crossover (active) that will give my amp the low-end KHz it deserves.
Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: WTB: Low-frequency Crossover

Reply #1
I have a radio shack crossover w/ bass boost.  It's been in my car for awhile, unused since my newer amp had one built in.  5 bucks plus shipping, and it's yours.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #2
Tell me more. Is it the "Optimus" brand?
How old is it?
Any pictures?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
look here http://www.partshagpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=140

you should be able to find what you want

i've ordered from them meany times..
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #4
I should be able to get you some pics today.  I know i got it from radio shack and they are optimus, so yeah, it's probably optimus.  I'll test it out before shipping if you want it.

Reply #5
Here's a picture.  I've had it for about 3 years, but only used it the first year I had it.  I tested the low level inputs and they worked just fine.  I didn't test the high level because I didn't want to cut any wires to try it out.  I've never used those, so I have no reason to believe they wouldn't work.  Shipping and supplies will be about 10 bucks or so if you're interested. Total is $15 shipped, sound fair?

Reply #6
I had the same thing in my last Car...

Except the name on it was Pyramid...
I was satisfied.... great Active LowPass/BassBoost...