Skip to main content
Topic: Update on the Sport..OMG in living color!!! (Read 8112 times) previous topic - next topic

Update on the Sport..OMG in living color!!!

Here's some pics of the 5 lug swap on the Sport, and a pic during the TC axle install.:bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1
here's a pic of the old 7.5 2.75 axle, and the new 8.8 3.55 TC rear getting ready to go in.:bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #2
Lookin good Herb!

Solid rotors...Mustang stuff?

I'm gonna try to find a Mark VII in the yards...and get what I need...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;368332
Lookin good Herb!

Solid rotors...Mustang stuff?

I'm gonna try to find a Mark VII in the yards...and get what I need...

Yep 2000 GT brakes. :D  I used MK VII stuff on my old Cougar, worked great but I had to grind down the hub  on the front so my wheels would fit. Some of the newer Mustang wheels won't clear the hub.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #4
I've got my fronts done already with SN95 stuff...was gonna go Mark VII on the rear..all I need is the brake stuff, have axles. :)

A buddy picked up his '99 Stang calipers...I can't wait to get a set for myself lol...they're super nice.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #5
Looks great dude!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #6
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;368350
I've got my fronts done already with SN95 stuff...was gonna go Mark VII on the rear..all I need is the brake stuff, have axles. :)

A buddy picked up his '99 Stang calipers...I can't wait to get a set for myself lol...they're super nice.
  You'll like the MK VII rears, big rotors and big calipers.

Quote from: Carl;368351
Looks great dude!
  Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #7
So now the question is what wheels?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #8
Quote from: DVP;368756
So now the question is what wheels?

;) look on Facebook for a clue....lol.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #9
Well on to paint now. Watcha think?  :bowdown::D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #10
Absolutely beautiful!  I love the Mach 1 wheels.  Nice work!

Reply #11
Quote from: The Shredder;368848
Absolutely beautiful!  I love the Mach 1 wheels.  Nice work!

Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #12
What color is it going to be?

Please tell me that it won't see winter driving after the paint :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #13
Quote from: thunderjet302;368863
What color is it going to be?

Please tell me that it won't see winter driving after the paint :).

Well the color scheme is hush hush right now...lol. The winter part will depend on wheather I find a really cheap vehicle before winter, as this is my only car at the moment.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #14
Great looking wheels. I've seen the "wider" versions of them as well. Deep wheels in the back....YES !!! Great work so far. As far as driving in the winter, the Sport loves the cold weather. I built her to drive. BUT, I also may change my mind in a heart beat after this next paint job. I may be looking for another car as well. I like where you're going with it. The spoiler...Mmmmmmm not so much, but that has to be for you. Still, great looking car. The wheels really set it off. .
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..