Skip to main content
Topic: Dual exhaust transmission crossmember exhaust hanger for AOD (Read 721 times) previous topic - next topic

Dual exhaust transmission crossmember exhaust hanger for AOD

Hey guys. I'm working on converting the Tbird from turbo power to normally aspirated and am going to duals. I need a useable crossmember exhaust hanger, the one that sandwiches between the mount and the tranny.

It needs to be for AOD and not T5, they are different.

I COULD fab something if necessary, but don't want to. LOL

Reply #1
I used the stock one and only hooked the H-pipe on one side. Hasn't fallen off in 10 years :hick:.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
The t-5 and aod mounts are nearly identicle. The mounts are. I used my aod one on my t-5 swap.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
New ones on Ebay are cheap. I used the same crossmember when I did my 5 speed swap as well. Same mount also.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
I don't have any stock ones.

Reply #5
I found one at the bottom of my piles. Lmk if you still need it.

I also have the pipe hangers too off of a mustang, for an oem look.
T-Birds can't fly.  Ask how I know...