Skip to main content
Topic: Dome light in a moonroof car? (Read 558 times) previous topic - next topic

Dome light in a moonroof car?

So the Sport has the moonroof, and I have the newer domelight from a lot of the newer Fords, mine in particular came from a '94 Taurus, but that's not what this is about, so much.

My question is this: is there a way to mount the light right behind the back edge of the moonroof, in such a way that it won't interfere with the moonroof operation?
Short, as in real short screws?..but what would they go into? Perhaps a flat piece of metal on the back of the headliner, and then loctite on the screws, and lasty, cutting off the excess?
I know i'd need to run a ground, as the mounting screws are what grounds the light itself...

I'm just not satisfied with the amount of light the stockers above the rear view mirror throw out...also, it'd be neat to throw in a little switch, to disable either or both of the lights.

I'd like a console, but very obviously the moonroof negates that, lol.

As kind of an aside to this...with the headliner off, I plan to compare it to a non-moonroof headliner...with the possibility of cutting the other to match the Sport's, as it's h/l is droopy, burns, holes, and just generally looks like what came out of the south end of a northbound dog.

So, what say you? ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6