Skip to main content
Topic: starting the year off right. (Read 812 times) previous topic - next topic

starting the year off right.

So what's the first thing I did this year? I worked until about 12:35am and started to drive home. There was a local cop half in the lane with his lights on. I drove by slowly and cut into the median a bit to give him plenty of room. I've done construction on main roads and highways for years, and I hate when people get too close.

Immediately after passing him he pulls out right behind me and catches up, right as I'm about to turn into my neighborhood. He said I was moving around in the seat alot and swerving out of my lane. I told him I didn't thing I was swerving and I was adjusting my seat as I had just gotten off work. He watched me pull out of the parking lot and had seen me driving around most of the night, as I am a delivery driver in a small town. He asked why I cut into the double yellow line and insaid because I was trying to give you a bit of extra room.

Handed over my license and registration, can't find my insurance card, which I'm pretty sure is expired anyways. We are required to have insurance, but we are no longer required to carry proof of insurance. He comes back and tells me to get a new insurance card and try to stay in my lane from now on. I said I will and thank you and told him to be safe and have a happy new year as he handed me back my stuff.

Guess I won't give him extra room next time he is parked half in the lane with his lights on. No ticket though, and not a big deal. I understand him pulling me over as it is new years and all.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com