Skip to main content
Topic: think they would take $500? (Read 2006 times) previous topic - next topic

think they would take $500?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=13301084&nid=917&car=2295466&page=0&make=Ford&model=Thunderbird

I've been looking for either a donor vehicle or a good swap candidate ever since i found a ton of rust and bondo on my 86 cougar.car was listed for $1500 two days ago. I think with the mini spare, if the car needs other tires i can use that as a negotiating point.

No idea on options, but ad says rust free and 120k miles.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1
I think they would take $500.  It's worth a try anyway.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #2
Cash talks......
Mike

Reply #3
I think i just got my answer. Ad was updated today. Looks pretty well loaded with digital dash.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #4
, number says disconnected...
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #5
500$ ?? That's a great deal... Lots of potential with that car.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #6
Especially after seeing interior pics. Not that i want a fully loaded car, but it would make a perfect swap candidate for my 86 cougar to become a donor car.

I've tried both calling and emailing, but nothing so far.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.