Skip to main content
Topic: CHE Performance Uppers/Lowers (Read 12834 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CHE Performance Uppers/Lowers

Reply #90
Question-slash-thread bump: (since it doesn't show up on the default 1-month search)

Will these also work for A) The Mark VII, and B) a Fairmont/Zephyr?

My Mark's ass end is sagging even with a brand new set of springs. (it has been converted from air suspension)

Reply #91
The F/Z's have the same rear arms as a Mustang....

If you have nuked the air suspension on the Mk7, then the arm lengths are the same as the T/C's
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #92
I didn't nuke it.. someone did before I bought it.. so I have no idea what's what back there.

Reply #93
are we still getting a discount on these?
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

CHE Performance Uppers/Lowers

Reply #94
Quote from: Chuck W
The F/Z's have the same rear arms as a Mustang....

If you have nuked the air suspension on the Mk7, then the arm lengths are the same as the T/C's

same lenth, but not the same thing. there is no mount for the air bag in the tbird/cougar arms. now i know maximum motorsports or HPM does the ones for the mark VII.
So you have a V8.......isn't that cute.

Reply #95
Quote from: motormenace
same lenth, but not the same thing. there is no mount for the air bag in the tbird/cougar arms. now i know maximum motorsports or HPM does the ones for the mark VII.

Thus the "If you've nuked the air suspension" comment ;)

From his previous posts I gathered it was converted to springs....thus saying the TBird control arms would work.  Most aftermarket upper arms don't have a provision for the height sensor either...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #96
So, to resurrect an old but important thread, a few questions:

1) Are these still available (adjustable lowers, fixed uppers) and
2) How 'bout shipping to Canada?

Having finally gotten my hands on a TC it's time to seriously upgrade the T-Bird's suspension. I'm thinking the adjustable lowers, fixed uppers, and the energy suspension front control arm bushings, rack bushings, and spring isolators.

On a somewhat related note, anyone  got an opinion on boxing the front control arms? Would the added strength be worth the increased weight?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #97
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
On a somewhat related note, anyone  got an opinion on boxing the front control arms? Would the added strength be worth the increased weight?

I think it would be a waste of time/money. The front control arms rarely break. The extra stiffness isn't needed.

Reply #98
and looking at them (the fronts), they are a pretty rugged unit. id stay away from poly in the front arms.

when you order the che arms dont forget too use the coolcats discount ;)

if your not in a rush, i may end up having too sell my 03 cobra arms. its going too be awhile though befor i know.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #99
I'm not in a rush, but what advantage would 03 Cobra arms have over stock T-Bird arms? Would they even work with the stock T-Bird k-member and TC spindles? You'll have to forgive my ignorance - electronics is my specialty, I don't do much suspension work...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #100
the 03 cobra's have more clearance for wider tires, so you can keep your turning radius when using say a 9" front wheel, theyre the same length as the 87-88 thunderbirds, and the only real PITA is the balljoint, unless you go SN95 spindle
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #101
The high points are pointed out on MM's page, namely:

Stiffer rubber bushings
Improved turning radius from a revised stamping
"low" friction ball joints

Reply #102
Quote from: Tbird232ci
so you can keep your turning radius when using say a 9" front wheel

Turning radius? What is that? ;) Christ, every time I'm in a parking lot I start thinking of that old country song "Gimme 40 acres and I'll turn this thing around..."

So what is the PITA with the ball joint? Can't be made to work with TC spindles at all?

Reply #104
a really big help i found is that moog makes a spring for the rear called a cargo coil.  it has really tightly wound coils at the top to help keep the ride height with weight in the car..