Skip to main content
Topic: Forum cookies not being rembered on HP Touchpad (this site only) (Read 2334 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum cookies not being rembered on HP Touchpad (this site only)

For some reason, when I use my HP Touchpad to browse the forums, it always forgets my login cookie so that I always have to manually log in. It doesn't do that for any other site, though, just this one. From my limited knowledge about HTTP cookies, I didn't think they carried much information beyond a URL and time-to-live, though I haven't worked with much beyond calling a Java method to create one. Any ideas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #1
Cookies are created by a server header in the HTTP response.  There is of course an API (Application Programming Interface) for the creations of cookies, in this case PHP.  If the cookie is to be "remembered", it must have a valid expiration date, which the browser should then use to save the cookie as a file locally.  You might look at your Touchpad and verify that permanent cookies have not inadvertently gotten disabled for this particular site.  Another thing that the Admins could look into is the version of PHP being used anf the resulting browser handling, e.g. how does the server respond if or when it doesn't recognize the browser or user agent.

Reply #2
The browser doesn't seem to have a site-specific cookie setting; it's either set to accept cookies or not accept them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #3
Quietleaf, save yourself the headache with HP's OS and put Android on it. (It shares videos,pictures, etc) with WebOS, the only problem is that you can't use the the camera or microphone.. Don't know why, maybe they updated it since I did it.

I myself thought the process was going to be long and difficult, but when I actually did it.. I was like, Wow this was not hard at all.

There's a really good tutorial on the internet for CM9. Perhaps CM10 is out and you could go from there. But once you go android you will never go back to WebOS unless you want to take a picture or record something.

Plus to reboot into WebOS all you do is hold the power button while on Android, hit reboot, then a boot menu pops up when it starts up, and you can choose WebOS, Android, or USB drive.

If you're interested in doing this, I can't point you in the correct direction.
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe - Black - 5 Speed - 181k Miles
1989 Chrysler LeBaron Conv - Silver - Auto - 24k Miles
1993 Thunderbird LX 5.0 HO - Silver - Auto - 72k Miles