Skip to main content
Topic: Price for 86 TC Front Clip??? (Read 853 times) previous topic - next topic

Price for 86 TC Front Clip???

I have a line on a complete (fogs, head lamps, etc) 1986 TC front clip.  I have asked the guy to give me his best price and he is going to call me back.  What is the average price for clip like this?  The sheet metal is in good shape but naturally the paint is below average.  I don't mind paying a fair price but don't want to get hosed either.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #1
Dont know if it will help but I paid 150 for a clip, but the guy threw in a set of 10 hole rims and 2 t/l assys also. Figured I could sell the extra pieces I didnt need and get my money back.

Reply #2
How are your fenders?The fenders are the same betwen turbo and non turbo cars.The bumper covers are different,and the lights are getting expensive and hard to find.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Vinnie,

I only need one fender but if the price is right I was thinking about switching to the TC front end.  The right fender on my car is a repop and the body lines do not match up.  Its not dramatic but the body line just off the top of the fender misses lining up on the passenger door by about 3/16" which drives me nuts...sloppy.  I am getting the front fenders and bumper cover repainted anyhow so it would only add the cowl as my hood is good to go.

Dansbirds,

You paid $150 for a full clip off a Turbo Coupe car??? I would call that stealing it from the prices I have seen.

Darren

Reply #4
Darren, yes it was a steal. my sons car had met a deer before we got it and only really needed the header panel but the guy was going to s his car so I was able to harvest quite a bit.

Reply #5
Well I am going to look at it Friday and he wants $250.  I have bought alot of stuff from these guys over the years so hopefully its all there and it will be worth the trip home.

Darren