Skip to main content
Topic: 347 0r 351 (Read 6214 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 347 0r 351

Reply #30
U should add me on MSN if u use it and i can send u picks of whats left of the cougar and the shop. I have snow drifts about 4 feet high along the door.  The Door sucks ass too. its a sliding door and snow melts on the roof and as luck would be it runs right down to the bass of the door and turns to ice.

I got the car in with using the torchs to melt ice :)
Only have motor and tranny to pull out left to do and its already unbolted just sitting in there.

SirChirpAlot@Hotmail.com

Reply #31
Quote from: Tbird232ci
no, nothing fits in an 87 tbird, the only possible swap is putting a 3.8L in your car, even if it came with a 3.8L, no other V8 will fit, ever, none, dont think about it, its too much work

Is this because the battery and air box are on the wrong side of the engine compartment?  Would you reconsider if he was swapping out a V6 for a V8 in an 88 T-bird with the battery on the driver side and the air box on the other?

Reply #32
He was being sarcastic. The original poster is known for asking tons of stupid questions.

Reply #33
Quote from: MeanGene
Is this because the battery and air box are on the wrong side of the engine compartment?  Would you reconsider if he was swapping out a V6 for a V8 in an 88 T-bird with the battery on the driver side and the air box on the other?

i was just being a prick

i understand coming onto a forum, and asking questions that arnt the brightest, but when its proven that you dont understand simple mechanics, like say changing spark plugs or spark plug wires for example, then you want to swap an engine...

its also no good when you come onto a forum, using the improper terminology for things, and expecting everyone to understand or want to help, or to even care, many questions can be answered with reading a few magazines, doing some google searches, browsing websites, THEN asking questions to fill the gaps

ive been reading about cars since i was 7 or 8 years old, while i have asked stupid questions, they are questions that are more "car specific" in the terms of a specific brand/make/model, that not the ordinary car guy would know

hell, i out-knowledged a ford tech of 26 years when we got into a discussion about the turbo coupes, but ask me about a 4.6L, and ill say "i dont know shiznit about those"
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #34
Quote from: Tbird232ci

hell, i out-knowledged a ford tech of 26 years when we got into a discussion about the turbo coupes, but ask me about a 4.6L, and ill say "i dont know shiznit about those"

yeah, why know what you never need to use? :D
1988 Thunderbird Sport