Skip to main content
Topic: web page display ????? (Read 1495 times) previous topic - next topic

web page display ?????

i just recently hooked up my dell. worked all the bugs out of this  (so i thought) and did all the updates.to the computer. and most web pages display fine but some like the corral front page is all messed up and not rite and "myspace" my "home" section is allbuged out. like things arent where they should be. it tells me i have new messages and i dont birthdays coming up and i dont. so anyone have an idea  oh yeah YOU tube is screwed up also  any ideas. im gonna hook my old slow thing back up in a few mins.

Erik
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

web page display ?????

Reply #1
define worked out all the bugs
what OS are you running
what browser are you using (and version number)
highspeed or dialup and type of dialup
Asumming "did all the updates" mean windows updates

and have you went to your browswer then to "tools -> internet options -> advanced" and reset defaults?

does this site look normal?

web page display ?????

Reply #2
updates are overratted. I would just install firefox, and then only use IE when you have to. If IE gets infected by virus's it can stop your explorer from working all together. Where you can just re-install firefox. Myspace is always alittle bit buggy. Its not just you.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

web page display ?????

Reply #3
i really just sounds like his machine is at a lower res and it isn't parsing the php frames and stylesheets right so they are getting all stacked up.

but the questions I asked should narrow down where the problem might be.

yes, use firefox. always, tabbed browsing is shagy, and up your resolution if you can. 1024x768 is considered minimum on most pages anymore.

web page display ?????

Reply #4
sorry it took so long to get back . IT's a dell 2400 demension windows Xp

bugs worked out means i wiped the harddrive and reinstaled everthing.  but out of nowhere the thing started working fine. untill i clean my temp inernet files then it gets weird
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!