Skip to main content
Topic: What's the new stuff (Read 2076 times) previous topic - next topic

What's the new stuff

What are you guys running now to do virus scans and all that? Ive had good luck with spybot, claimwin, and malwarebytes in the past. Just wanted to see if there was anything better now.
1986 Cougar LS

What's the new stuff

Reply #1
I run Norton now after years of the freebie a/v, and I've not had one problem since I ponied up and paid for it.

Other people will say Norton caused them all kinds of grief, just depends on what you do, I guess, but Norton works for me, so that's what I'm recommending.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

What's the new stuff

Reply #2
X2
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

What's the new stuff

Reply #3
Norton has major problems with aol. I removed Norton and went with the McAfee provided with aol premium and the optional aol computer check-up and have had zero problems. Just my experience.
84 COUGAR/90 HO, 1.7RRs, performer RPM,700DP, equal length shorties, stainless EXH ,T-5,Hurst pro-billet, KC clutch, 8.8/ 4.10s, line-lok, bla ,bla, bla.
71 COMET/289,351w heads, 12.5 TRWs, 750DP, Liberty TL, 9"/6.00s, 11.9x @112 , bla,bla,bla.

Never shoot your mouth off, unless your brain is loaded! ....I may get older, but I'll never grow up!....If you're not laughing, you're not living!  :laughing:

What's the new stuff

Reply #4
I know it's a month late, but the best "cheap as free" anti-virus out there is the one from Microsoft. "Microsoft Security Essentials". It's what most of my other tech friends and I recommend to people.
Thunderbird Connoisseur and EEC-III Expert-In-Training

1984 Thunderbird 5.0L - 2.75 inch single exhaust w/glasspack, HighFlow Performance 255LPH fuel pump.
Planned mods*: Custom dash, manual trans, 5 lug conversion. Possible SEFI conversion in the future.

1985 Thunderbird 3.8L - all stock
Planned mods*: 4.0L Cologne engine swap, 5 lug, 4WD!

*All I need is a job to pay for it and a place to keep them while they're undergoing surgery. Anyone need a Mech./Aero. engineer?