Skip to main content
Topic: any one got a clue (Read 2473 times) previous topic - next topic

any one got a clue

'recycler\s-4-1-39-100000297-100021362-1000014183-2200.com'  This comes up when i try and open my harddrive. Computer is a laptop HP Pavillion DV5000. kinda  me off:punchballs:

any one got a clue

Reply #1
I have the same computer but mine has not done that one yet...:(  Sorry!

any one got a clue

Reply #2
The "recycle bin" answer you got on Yahoo Answers didn't help?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

any one got a clue

Reply #3
Quote from: Cougar5.0;260265
The "recycle bin" answer you got on Yahoo Answers didn't help?

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

any one got a clue

Reply #4
was it recycler or was it resycled ?

:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

any one got a clue

Reply #5
wish i had a pic of what was displayed and no they didnt help

any one got a clue

Reply #6
is it the booting partion? I would guess the hard drive has some problems. I would try to re-format it and see how many bad sectors it has.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

any one got a clue

Reply #7
Quote from: 88'birdlover;260234
'recycler\s-4-1-39-100000297-100021362-1000014183-2200.com'  This comes up when i try and open my harddrive. Computer is a laptop HP Pavillion DV5000. kinda  me off:punchballs:

Sounds like you've got recycler.exe (an autorun program) installed on your computer that's a major PITA.  Its not a virus so running any anti-virus program won't remove it from your system.  The only way to fix this issue is to install Autorun Eater. from Cnet.  Its a free application with no limitations and works for all OS.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks. ~
--Scott Adams.--

~Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window. ~
--Steve Bluestone.--

any one got a clue

Reply #8
Sounds very similar to the problem I was having recently.  I installed Trojan Remover which took care of the problem.  Have you tried right-clicking and then going to "explore"?  If it's anything like the trojan/virus I had, there will be a file called autorun.inf on all of the primary hard drives.  It should be safe to delete the file, since I'm not aware of any autorun files that are on hard drives.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

problem solved

Reply #9
installed 1gb of ram and problem went away.