Skip to main content
Topic: Stupid weekend (Read 2550 times) previous topic - next topic

Stupid weekend

Well I left friday to a freinds house with a pretty much clean install of windows, with all driver and programs installed that I wanted, but My little sisters got onto my computer while I was gone. Here is the spy bot scan results. 188 invalid entries. I am in the imddle of formating and backing up all of my files because of multipl "xxx" toolbars and programs that come back every time I shut down. Needless to say I am now passwording all of my siblings off.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Re: Stupid weekend

Reply #1
Yeah man.  Get a CMOS password on that thing.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #2
Yeah I have all sorts of passwords now  :bowdown: windows2000
anyways the reason why it took me so long to get my computer up and running was that I found a 20gig ibm hard drive in my case, never been opened, bought for less then 100 bucks. found out ti was partitioned in linux, that took me about 2 hours to figure out. So I switched out my hard drives, put the on in my little brothers computer and backed everything up. After I figured out it was a linux partition, it only took me 45mins to re-do everything. I have to install windows 98, load up all 2000 drivers and install 2000, but I also got my brand new 20gig hard drive. So I am not as pissed as I was before.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Reply #3
just a quick pic of my computer set up. The computer on the left is mine. Screaming along at 300mhz with a 52X cdrom and 20gig hard drive and 96 megs of ram, and surround sound.also running windows 2000. The computer to the right of mine is sitting on a 16 port hub, with infared and t1/t3 abilities. That computer is 500mhz with dvdplayer and 8x burner nothing really special.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #4
Just make it so people don't know HOW to use the computer...problem solved. The easiest way is just a different OS but can be done in windows too :p

Then again, 10+ character passwords using numbers, letters, and special characters are hard to crack too :grinno:
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #5
I have 3 gigs of my new partition formatted for linux, and I have like 7 linux disks and a bootable linux operating system called knopix, just waiting for me to get bored someday. as a matter of fact, I had to format this hard drive using the linux install disk. also my new password is 15 characters long.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Reply #6
I still favor Gentoo over other distributions, but hate having to compile everything on my machine when it installs.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #8
hey i could use the new norton on this comp so no viruses get in and all that. got a fresh install of xp on my comp here. my sn's are AIM: Gearhead52385 yahoo: cougarhunter84
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #9
Quote from: Seek
Then again, 10+ character passwords using numbers, letters, and special characters are hard to crack too :grinno:

I never realized how easy it was to "break" into Windows until I had to crack my brother's computer after he forgot his password. Initially, I used a program that uploaded the encrypted password data to an online server and cracked it in about 4 hours. Before the 4 hours was up, I used another program that used a bootable Linux floppy to reset/change the password to whatever I wanted. I guess most of y'all know about this, but it blew my mind.