Skip to main content
Topic: Website Layout Troubles (Read 1758 times) previous topic - next topic

Website Layout Troubles

Well,
Since i'm getting started finally working on my car, I wanted to make a website to track the progress and share my experiences.

So... Knowing only the basics in HTML, I dug into making a CSS based website with divs and iframes... heh. :punchballs:

Now i have the basic layout setup and where i want the divs and frames to be firefox, But, It's completely screwed in Internet Explorer...
I tryed for a couple hours just now trying to tweak stuff and get it to work in both of them, But no go.

Anyone any good with Scripting/Websites that could help me out?
I have a feeling it's not too hard to fix since i have the basic stuff done already, I'm just not good with scripting type stuff...

Heres a link to the site:
http://aesthetikz.topcities.com/

Lemme know if you need the stylesheets and what not.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Website Layout Troubles

Reply #1
Yeah...it's working in everything BUT IE6. That's because M$ decided to make their own web "standards" (including CSS), instead of what the rest of the world follows. So when you try to apply real standards to a page, IE6 wants to convert it to its own "standard" and usually wrecks things. Supposedly IE7 is more real standards compliant. The general rule is to program for Firefox and then IE7 should be alright.

As for fixing this for IE6...there are some errors in the page. There are two 'head' and 'body' sections and they seem to be conflicting. That might be part of the problem. Also, if you do a little web searching, you'll find tons of articles outlining IE6's issues and possible workarounds for CSS.

BTW, it looks fine on Safari (Mac).

Website Layout Troubles

Reply #2
Lol..Firefox, Safari, IE, and Opera all show sites differently.  But working with the coding doing little edits its easy to make it the same on all sites.  I'm a web coding and website layout designer, U should get off that free web  with ads :S .. lol its annoying lol.

Are u using http://validator.w3.org/ ? and get rid of the html and use xhtml with css if anything...
.: Lastest :.

Website Layout Troubles

Reply #3
Lol,
Well all i was really looking for in the site was something i could log into daily and upload pictures and write ups of the stuff i did to me project car, So you guys could see what i've been doing, and maybe i could help others out with my info.
I'm really bad at coding and stuff but i at least wanted a decent looking base layout thats easy on the eyes, I'm weird like that.
I dunno if thats gonna happen at this point.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Website Layout Troubles

Reply #4
well if u need help I will help u out.
.: Lastest :.