Skip to main content
Topic: Wireless network? (Read 3955 times) previous topic - next topic

Wireless network?

Reply #15
I was looking into your problem some more.  There are some ISP's that actually require you to register your MAC address, but some people prefer not to.  This is the reason people spoof/clone their MAC addresses.

Wireless network?

Reply #17
Here's a link for you...try it out and lemme know if you like it and/or could do it. I personally like the MAC filtering myself, but then again they can spoof your MAC address if they wanted to hack you bad enough...nothing is hacker proof....I have both WEP and MAC address filtering setup on my wireless network...
http://www.focus-computing.com.au/Tools.do;jsessionid=34A25EEA592BF0DAB5C4E19D36603741?f=detail&icid=69

Wireless network?

Reply #18
I've read thru that link pretty thoroughly..it's pretty cut and dry...if you'd like my help where we're speaking to each other back and forth rather than per reply..PM me and we'll chat via some sort of messenger service.

Wireless network?

Reply #19
I'm on MSN and have requested to add you, but apparently you're either not on or haven't added me yet..check your PM and I'll send you my MSN contact!

Wireless network?

Reply #20
my wireless network has been working very well, but I have a question.  I have a wireless card installed and a wireless usb adapter.  The wireless adapter has an excelent signal when the card has a very low signal.  why is this?  is something not hooked up right?

Wireless network?

Reply #21
It could be that your computer with the wireless cards is too far from the router itself...remember, wifi signals use radio frequency, and almost anything can degrade a wifi signal...walls, the structure of your house, cordless phone, etc....did your wifi card come with software or are you using the connection info from Windows?!  let me know and we could try to work from there...