Skip to main content
Topic: Door pocket repair (Read 1820 times) previous topic - next topic

Door pocket repair

Mine along with everyone else's door pockets are probably  by now

here are a few pictures that show what I did

Door pocket repair

Reply #2
Yeah, the ones I picked up from a yard have tons of cracks, not only around the screw holes, just removing the outer material. For my setup, the door panels will be getting modifications to be self-contained speaker boxes. This means that the entire panel will be modified and reinforced with fiberglass, MDF, and metal.

Does anyone actually use the map pockets? Newer cars don't often seem to come with them and I found that I only use the glove box. The map pockets are just places for things to sit that will annoyingly rattle.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Door pocket repair

Reply #3
my new rule is when i open something up on this car,,, anything thats broken along the way gets fixed.

i need one tan clip that goes on the door strap that you pull on to close the door.. the seat belts rip back and obviously ejected on off in some parking lot somewhere.

Door pocket repair

Reply #4
Quote from: jcassity;402360
my new rule is when i open something up on this car,,, anything thats broken along the way gets fixed.

Mine too, except I also have to improve anything that is mediocre in stock form, or modifications I did in the past. I know at some point I'm going to have to redo my interior LED lighting just to better isolate everything and add additional heatsinking. I'm trying my best to make everything be little "modules" though, so replacement in the future will always be easy. The difficult part is finding proper 2-pin connectors for cheap to make everything have proper harnesses. I don't like the idea of a $15 socket/plug for every connection I have around the vehicle.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Door pocket repair

Reply #5
good thread!  i have fixed mine with washers temporarily.    i do like to have map pockets, most trucks still have them.  things i keep in mine: jacknife, flashlight, and a small tape measure i can take into Lowes with me.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto