Skip to main content
Topic: BlueBird (Read 39696 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: BlueBird

Reply #270
Facebook, NO! Bad Facebook, shame on you!

C45E4B74-6934-44FA-A1F6-B3DC4B735A80.png
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #271
Sure. Why not?
  :popcorn:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #272
Do it, maybe.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #273
Buddy if mine has a Y trim on his ‘03 Mach 1 and it has that “Holy shiznit factor”. Another vote for more power.

My mistake, I just asked him and it’s a V2 SQSC  So a helical cut instead of straight cut to make it quieter hence the “SQ”.

He also said that on the four valve motors with exception of the Cobras the computer takes fuel out when the traction control is engaged. His is programmed out so when the car is started his traction control is immediately turned off and the dummy light shows it. He just wanted to pass that on as it’s a critical item when tuning.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #274
Where's the boost?

Reply #275
So, did you buy it?  :P

Reply #276
After hours of deliberation, and even some enabling by SWMBO, I decided that if I want this car to run anytime soon and if I ever want to get to the rest of my projects, I had better curb the scope creep.

Worked on more wiring last night. Have a nibble on the SHO, so it might leave soon. Un-named and unrelated project being delivered tomorrow.

Reply #277
After hours of deliberation, and even some enabling by SWMBO, I decided that if I want this car to run anytime soon and if I ever want to get to the rest of my projects, I had better curb the scope creep.

Worked on more wiring last night. Have a nibble on the SHO, so it might leave soon. Un-named and unrelated project being delivered tomorrow.
Scooooooooppppeeeeee creeeeeeeeeeeppppp!!!!

BTW, I have a 1989 factory manual for the Taurus, including the SHO engine supplement, if the buyer is interested in that. (They (or you) can have it)

Reply #278
Fuel lines connected
IMG_1355.jpg

Bunch of other junk on the engine now too. Getting close to cranking
IMG_2897.JPG

Reply #279
That's one way to do it.  :giggle:

Getting closer!

Reply #280
This awesome. I really need to learn how to weld.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #281
Well, isn’t that special

83A7AAE2-49CB-46B1-A7F0-74A75B9176A9.jpeg

Reply #282
That is very cool!  Congrats!!!
Mike

Reply #283
THE BEAST STIRS IN ITS SLUMBER and grumbles, "just 5 more minutes...."

I hit the shop this morning excited, but also with some trepidation. I am oh so close to calling this wiring mess done! That also means trouble shooting any things that don't work properly on the first go, and there is always something.....

• Finish the last few connections of the interior jumper harness - √
  • Tidy the routing and loom the aforementioned harness - √√
  • Reinstall the steering column so I can power everything up - √
  • Getting anxious now, test battery voltage before connecting cables - a touch low, but √
  • CONNECT THE CABLES WITHOUT RELEASING THE SMOKE FROM THE HARNESS!!! - √√√√
  • Short break to congratulate myself and ponder what exactly I may have forgotten, notice that my boss has posted on FB about the pic of my car in GRM, waste time on the internet chasing squirrels.....
  • Deep breath, turn the key! Still no smoke, some clicks but no whirring.
    There should be whirring, and an illuminated MIL; there is neither.

Sad Panda. Time to fire up the diagnostic brain, hit the obvious things first. No MIL means no PCM, no PCM means no fuel pump(no whirring). A quick flip thru the EVTM reveals that part of the sn95 relay module(CCRM) is powered up by a feed from the interior fuse panel which is hanging on the wall. Why? i dunno why, all the rest of the power comes from the under hood power distribution box which I have wired into the car, but whatever. I need to power up this red/green wire. Red wires and yellow wires are very important for Ford wiring harnesses. Typically 12v supply wires, in this case hot in run and start. Figure out where it is disconnected, and tie it back in, ok! Put everything back together.

Another deep breath and turn the key again. More clicks, still no smoke, but also still no whirring and no MIL. berkeley. PCM relay and fuel pump relay are both in the CCRM, so pull out the DVOM and start double checking my work. Three yellow wires(12v hot at all times) in, but only one is hot, WTF? Follow the harness to the next connector, one that I have had my hands on countless numbers of times, and one of the yellows is deadheaded....BY MY DOING! Remember the whole yellows are important bit? Yup, must been on the good drugs whatever night I pulled that off.

[Intermission to pick up my BiL from the airport, and eat some supper]

Reach into the pile of cast-off wires and find the scoundrel, plug it back into the connector, chase it into the loom back to the power distribution box, push a fuse into that location, and put everything back together that got in my way along the route. Turn the key again. MORE clicks, and whirring!!! No smoke, and the MIL is on! Do a dance, drink a beer, commence system checks.

• MIL is on
  • Fuel pump primes(2sec) at key on
  • Fuel pressure present at the rail
  • Code reader is able to scan the PCM
  • Fog light relay clicks when commanded
  • Starter relay clicks when commanded
  • Fan relay clicks when commanded

I noticed the battery voltage was falling hard and hooked up the charger, but I cannot yet attempt to fire the engine. I need to have the PATS junk turned off in the PCM before it will start. I wanted to have this handled before I took everything apart to eliminate variables, but my SCT guy and I couldn't get our schedules aligned. He has been notified that I am ready, so hopefully it happens soon.

I did get froggy and run a temporary wire from the relay to the starter. The engine cranks on the key, w00t! Still much to do before entertaining thoughts of a test drive, but I am beyond ready for loud noises.

Reply #284
Oh so close!