Skip to main content
Topic: model cars... (Read 3335 times) previous topic - next topic

model cars...

here's some pics of some of my older models. (excuse the dust, been packed for awhile) This one is a viper powered Charger. :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Re: model cars...

Reply #1
here is a street racer 65 Galaxie, 427 SOHC :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #2
and this is a custom 49 Ford :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #3
looks like its almost time to go and take pics of my models, and the one in progress
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #4
Quote from: Tbird232ci
looks like its almost time to go and take pics of my models, and the one in progress

Cool, I'd love to see them!! :ies:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #5
I'll post up a couple this evening myself....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #6
I only have one model that I built myself, and it never did get finished. A Selby Series 1. The rest are all Die Cast Shelby's.

Reply #7
This is an 87 TC model, i shaved everything, even the "TURBO COUPE" off of the molding, i have a 5.0 in there, dual exhaust, its lowered, has some 99 cobra wheels on it, i just need to finish it
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #8
these two are both 2.3L Turbo cars, the TC was left totally stock, and the stang donated its engine and a bunch of parts to the other TC, so i swapped the 2.3 turbo in, and used the optional wheels from the TC on it

i need to get one more TC, so i can paint it up like my current one, and have myself a replica
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
Well the one(s) I'm working on now is a Hemi 'Cuda. My gf always said she wanted a Cuda, so I'm giving her one :p I saw a hardtop at WalMart and got it, then when I went to the hobby store to get paint for it, I found a convertible, it looked different, but turns out they're practically the exact same thing (one is made by Revell, the other Revell/Monogram  0? )

Well I'm making the hardtop for her, and the vert for me. The purple is a Kandy Purple Pearl over a metallic blue. I tried just the purple, but it pulled away from the edges and was too thin.

I haven't done anything else other than paint some of the other parts  (engines, etc.), so we'll see if I mess up the body paint with the glue like I usually do. I must say tho, these have come out the best of all of them so far, cuz I took my time and didn't spray a ton of paint on it at once, so it's lookin pretty good. I'm not going to sand it cuz it's a PITA with so many small spots and so many edges, my gf will have to deal with some orange peel :p

Reply #10
Dammit if I have to break out my model collection :evilgrin: .....
I have about 30-40 completed models, mostly autos with some military and a few bikes. Haven't built a model in over a year but I picked up a 1982 thunderbird stock car model on ebay which I am planning on building into a replica of my car as soon as I gather enough parts to scratchbuild the chassis and interior which should be fun :). If I find my camera I will head out to the shed and get a few pics.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #11
Quote from: tbirdscott
a 1982 thunderbird ........... into a replica of my car as

You have a box-bird?

Reply #12
Quote from: Chuck W
You have a box-bird?

Yeah, figured I would be different from the different guys :D

Here's the thread on it
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #13
Quote from: tbirdscott
Yeah, figured I would be different from the different guys :D

Here's the thread on it

Hehe.  I'm not sure how I missed that thread.  I have an 80 XR-7 awaiting my attention (w/ orange Recaros  :grinno: )...

Reply #14
heres one i started a few years ago and never finnished...similar to tbirs232s...had a 5.0, dual exaust and 99 cobras. its pretty banged up from kicking around though..
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~