Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1137861 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #3330
This is for everyone that doesn't believe that my car ever leaves the garage.. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8HQRxLaAzo&list=UU-3DtwmKBEtmRlpGtlKFQTA
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3331
Car sounds very healthy and thanks for the ride,I enjoyed it !
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #3332
thanks...that was my drive through the main intersection of the island... I wish it was a more exciting drive for everyone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3333
It was exciting enough, now, for the burnout video.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3334
looks good  if you do a burnout vid maybe Vinny will finaly do one to ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #3335
Mmm. Fresh pole transfers.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3336
Quote from: Haystack;439393
Mmm. Fresh pole transfers.

and they destroyed my 120 year old trees to do it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3337
back in August, I got collectors insurance for the 87, and the vert...here are some pics I took to send to the insurance company

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3338
That's a beautiful car

Reply #3339
What's that red thick gauge wire in front of the driver's side wheel?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3340
Quote from: thunderjet302;441226
What's that red thick gauge wire in front of the driver's side wheel?

thats the transmission line....I remove the cooler temporarily and it dropped down a bit . the lines are going to be replaces with hard lines this summer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3341
Quote from: daminc;441236
thats the transmission line....I remove the cooler temporarily and it dropped down a bit . the lines are going to be replaces with hard lines this summer

Ah I was wondering what that was. As a FYI you can buy the lines: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-MUT1021SC/84-93-Mustang-Stainless-Automatic-Transmission-Cooler-Lines

Car looks great :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3342
are the  lines from a Supercoupe AOD in the same location?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3343
Quote from: daminc;441276
are the  lines from a Supercoupe AOD in the same location?

Yes. The Super Coupe AOD has the same case as the AOD in a Fox Thunderbird/Cougar/Mustang. It just has better guts.

Reply #3344
new stuff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook