Skip to main content
Topic: Favorite tire (Read 4773 times) previous topic - next topic

Favorite tire

What's everyones favorite brand and model of tire.  I am buying new tires for my 20th Anniversary and am leaning towards either Michelin MXV4 Plus or Bridgestone Turanza LS.  Any opinions?

PeAcE

Re: Favorite tire

Reply #1
anything from Cooper Cobra, Pirelli, and Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s.

Reply #2
Yokohama, Sumitomo, Dunlop real good tires.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

Reply #3
The round ones. Black. Gotta be black. :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #4
Definately Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. Best rated tires for our car on tirerack.com and resonably priced, 61 bucks. Oh, with the raised white lettering!
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #5
Quote from: nirvanagod
Definately Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's. Best rated tires for our car on tirerack.com and resonably priced, 61 bucks. Oh, with the raised white lettering!

Don't our XR-7s and 20th cars call for a V though?

I had Coopers on After and they were the loudest tire I have ever driven on.  I have MXV4 V rated on the Mark 8 and I don't think I would spend that much again on a tire.  I have the Falkens Ziex ZE-512 (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/) on Before now and , are they smooth.

I am actually trying to find an H or better tire (225 60 15) with raised white lettering and have been unsuccessful so far.

BTW, the speed rating is more than just going a certain speed for a certain amount of time.  Handling is greatly improved too.  I went from an S to a V on the Mark 8 and holy , it felt like I was driving a whole different car.  I have S on the white XR-7 because that's what was on there when I bought it and wow, the handling sucks compared to Before and After (88 XR-7s), who both have H rated tires.

My advice, whatever brand you go with, go with an H or better, preferably, V.  It's worth it.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #6
Car: Goodyear regatta II (daily drivers) ... pretty cheep, good in the rain and snow.
Winter:  Nordic Ice Trackers with 1/8" studs ... unbelieveable traction.  Better then 4X4 trucks with cheep tires
Performance:  Goodyear Eagles V rated :)  Therir are probably better ones but that it          whats on the cougar
Truck:  Roughrider Allterrain  (came with the truck)  Their pretty good.

Reply #7
I have 225/60HR15's on the T-Bird but they're not white letter. The old '87  T-Bird Sport was sporting (no pun intended) white letter 235-60HR15 tires. They were made by Cooper but had a no name brand on them
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #8
im loving my dunlops
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
BF Goodrich Radial t/a's on my cougar 235/60/15 i plan on sticking with bf when i do the 5 lug swap and do the 16 inch rim thing.  i like the way they are. from start to finish. not to good in the snow but not bad eather
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #10
Quote from: Tbird232ci
im loving my dunlops

Of course they're gonna get good traction when ther'es not enough torque to break 'em loose, though!

Reply #11
Quote from: Ifixyawata
Of course they're gonna get good traction when ther'es not enough torque to break 'em loose, though!

shush you
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #12
I'm running Bridgestone Potenza RE-950's, and will be for as long as they make 'em.

Chris
"I put my foot in my tank and I began to roll." Chuck Berry

Reply #13
Don't our XR-7s and 20th cars call for a V though?

The Firestone Firehawks Are T rated (118) and since the V's go up to only 149 i think that there fine with t's. Personal Opinion though, since i'll prolly never take my car up that fast (it'll prolly fall apart!!! :(  )
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #14
I'm with CougarCoupe, I like the BF Goodrich Radial T/A's. I got a set of 225/70/14 on the Bird. I heard they discontinued them though. I sure hope they aren't. I think they're a pretty good tire.

20006 Ford Fusion SE