Skip to main content
Topic: ST Suspensions 50050 36mm solid sway bar (Read 3281 times) previous topic - next topic

ST Suspensions 50050 36mm solid sway bar

Reply #1
What rear bar are you running?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #4
That's a Fox Mustang bar correct?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Yes, it is. The fit was perfect though. It's been too wet out to get a good feel for it, but I don't get my tires into my fenders around tight corners now, so there's that. As far as steering is concerned, the lag between action and reaction is nearly gone.

Reply #6
so what you have there are the end links being of a closer provile than stock,, overall mount lenght is shorter?

Reply #9
The rear bars interchange. The difference in rear width is the axle shafts themselves.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #10
And to add to what Shawn said, the Stang 5.0 bars are the same as TC bars..all can be used interchangeably. Everything up to '98, for that matter. ('99+ IRS cars obviously will not, though the newer years with a solid axle will still fit)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #11
I took the car out and pushed it hard at some bends, and while the front stayed remarkably flat, and my corner speed was greatly increased, I could feel the rear trying to steer the car and I don't like it.  I ordered the rear bar this afternoon.

Reply #12
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;457396
Mount length and link length are the same.

You might check that info. As far as I remember, the end links on the TBirds/Cougars were shorter. 4"-ish  vs. 5"-ish (I don't have the info in front of me, and it's been a number of years since I replaced them on any of my TBirds/Cougars)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #14
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;457414
The kit came with two sets of links. I matched up the short ones with what I had on the car, so I used them instead of the longer ones.

At least they included the proper ones. The loner ones would be for Mustangs.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo