Skip to main content
Topic: Front LCA's (Read 2009 times) previous topic - next topic

Front LCA's

So I've been working a little on the bird's front suspension and ran into a little issue. The tubular LCA's I currently have on the car aren't going to work with the 00' k-member, rack and spindles I've installed. They're too short, so I've decided to replace them with stock 00' pieces as the financial manager has deemed it "un-necessary" to buy new tubular pieces. I haven't completely decided if I'm going to keep the coil-overs or put 00' coils back in. Opinion on the coils guys??

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Front LCA's

Reply #1
Too short as in you can't get the camber correct even with the c/c plates moved all the way in?

Front LCA's

Reply #2
Nope. With the tie rod ends screwed all the way in, the toe is still is still way out. No room to move them in more. The tubular ones are for 94'-98' stangs. I added a missing component to the 00' parts list above.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Front LCA's

Reply #3
I would think with the right combination of inner and outer tie rods you should be able to make that work. I am running the 03 k member and rack with fox mustang length lower control arms  and  94 spindles and the toe is not a problem, my camber is. I have the M/M bumper steer kit and the inner tie rods from fox mustangs.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Bumpsteer-kit-1994-04-Mustang-tapered-stud-style-P451.aspx

Front LCA's

Reply #4
I didn't even think about changing the inners & outers to correct that issue. DUHHHHHHHH :mullet:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Front LCA's

Reply #5
You could also just cut an inch off the threaded part of the inner tie rod. I would just get the longer control arms though. The short fox mustang arms cause a lot of bump steer.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Front LCA's

Reply #6
If I measured correctly, I have the longer arms which now has me baffled. I have newer fox length inners in the T/C rack that I swapped, so if anything, I'll just swap those in. I looked at MM's website and it shows the same part # for the arms from 94' to 04'

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Front LCA's

Reply #7
your only mistake was not getting the mandatory gift for the financial manager when you ordered the stuff in the 1st place.......  :-)

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Front LCA's

Reply #8
Quote from: MY83T;430296
your only mistake was not getting the mandatory gift for the financial manager when you ordered the stuff in the 1st place.......  :-)

LOL How True!! How True!!

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Small update :d

Reply #9
Well, apparently I had a rather big brain fart when I installed the front suspension, I hadn't tightened the ball-joints or tie-rod ends completely as I could move them rather freely. Everything is now snugged up properly. Hmmm what a difference. I now have plenty of adjustability.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]