Skip to main content
Topic: Ok Phase 1 complete (Read 2262 times) previous topic - next topic

Ok Phase 1 complete

I got all my parts in the mail. I ordered MM lower control arms, FMS C springs, BBK spring isolators all around, BBK sway-bar bushings, BBK end-link bushings, MM caster-camber plates, and 2 other BBK bushings came with the kit, not sure where they go but my buddy knows.

Tonight we put a 355 TC rear in (I got rid of my worn-out,blown, vibrating like a mofookie  :macgun: 373 TC rear finally), the MM lower control arms and the springs in the rear. I handles 1000x's better with just the rear done. I also like the way that the car responded to the 355 TC rear with the T-5. The 373's and the 3.35 first gear of the t-5 was alittle too crazy for me. I can't wait to finish up the front.

The week we'll be working on the front springs, replacing all the bushings up front, the 11" brake upgrade, CC plates, and than have the allignment done.

I still have to get the rotors/pads and ball joints, and I think I read something about the brake lines for the 11" brakes conversion needs a fitting or adapter or something so I have to get that. Hell I might even install an adjustable prop valve too (haven't had one with my TC rear for like 8 years now  :flip:  :rollin:  )

The bushings on my old lower control arms were totally wasted, It's like night/day compared to the MM arms..  :banana:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Ok Phase 1 complete

Reply #1
WOW! Fun stuff, suspention is the next step for me too. Have fun! :)

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's

Reply #2
yeah I am TF347 :) nothing like new parts to bring a smile to your face.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #3
hey bob, hows the ass end sitt'n nowa days? those springs help?

Reply #4
:shoothead Help??!?!?!!

might be too low. they handle great but little too low i think. I put the C springs in the rear. Maybe they'll sit different once the front are in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #5
i dont know if you knew this, but GM A-Body rear upper control arms are a direct swap with ours
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
Yeah I seen that tb232. I like the way she feels with just the lowers done. I was thinking of pulling a set of uppers from the yard and have the welder at my job box them for me. I don't know though, I got a set amount of $$ that I'm working with so I gotta see whats left  :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #7
ahhhh gotchya, the uppers are under 200 bucks, but if youre like me, you wont stray away from your budget to save your life
It's Gumby's fault.