Skip to main content
Topic: 79 camaro Steering column removal. help (Read 1683 times) previous topic - next topic

79 camaro Steering column removal. help

ok so my buddy got a worked over 79 z28 and is having a problem and narowed it down to an internal problem in his column. so we grab an extra from a bone yard and it took us about 20 min with undoing it and me pulling like a son of a ..... to get it free.  well today he started to take the one out of his car but he couldnt get it out. so he calls me over to see whats up and if he forgot something so i tryed like hell but no luck this bad boy is in.

now does anyone know what may be holding this up. or some directions on how to take it out. i wasnt their but i belive him that he said every thing is disconected only a few wires that are on top of the column that will be dis conected when it's free..  it moves around like it wants to come out but is not budging.

ideas.  i guess working on a car that is older than us isnt going over to well with this car lol.
thanks Erik.
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!