Skip to main content
Topic: Finished my clutch pedal mod... (Read 6654 times) previous topic - next topic

Finished my clutch pedal mod...

Reply #15
I'll snap a pic when I get home. The mod consists of a one inch square tube steel spacer, two bolts, two washers, two lock washers, two nuts, drilling 6 holes, and cutting up two clutch pedals. Now, if you're a welder, which I am not, I'm sure it can be done other ways. I wanted it strong and to stay put. No bending. I could do the mod again in about 30 minutes. Now that I know what I'm doing. I went into it blindly.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
disclaimer.....TOMORROW I will be waxing the Sport and giving the old girl a good vacuuming as well as a Mustang GT 5 speed gas pedal assembly and new clutch and brake pads.....now, proceed to pics.....

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
The actual work can't be seen unless you look up under the dash, and it has since been painted satin black.

Reply #18
Got it the same way i do it other than i TIG weld mine. have a good evening.
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #19
Mine will be welded fully later. I didn't want to weld it until I was sure it was going to work as I need it to and that it was all good to go.

Reply #20
Tom I'd like to see a picture of yours.

Reply #21
Iuse the same 1x1 and tig it but not continuous welds leave a few spaces. You can also make the pedal a little longer or shorter if desired.  I also hate those close positioned pedals as well, They are to dam close to each other. Thanks for the photo.

Here we go same way you did it exactly. here is the stock i used

I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Reply #22
Yep, that's it.

Reply #23
Great mod Vinnie! Looks good and I would not be afraid to drive that all day long with it welded up.  I am with you on the bolts, I am sure they would hold but welding always makes me happier.

I'm 6-1 ish and 200 with an 11.5 shoe and would not change the pedal spacing one bit for the heal-toe required in racing that involves lefts and rights with lots of shifting but that's what works for me.  Boots are a definite c in the Fox cars no matter if it is an auto or stick car so I always had flip flops in my car back with I worked construction in the summers.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #24
99% of my driving is to work and back....6 miles total. Rarely is the Sport driven hard. After the heads and cam go in...hopefully this coming week, I want to take it to the track and see what it'll do. One time is good enough for me.

Reply #25
That is a real good mod Vinnie, even though I don't have big feet, as in length, my feet are wide. I might just have to copy this mod. Of course that is when I can get my car down here.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #26
If I can help in any way, let me know.

Reply #27
Quote from: Aerocoupe;436449
Great mod Vinnie! Looks good and I would not be afraid to drive that all day long with it welded up.  I am with you on the bolts, I am sure they would hold but welding always makes me happier.

I'm 6-1 ish and 200 with an 11.5 shoe and would not change the pedal spacing one bit for the heal-toe required in racing that involves lefts and rights with lots of shifting but that's what works for me.  Boots are a definite c in the Fox cars no matter if it is an auto or stick car so I always had flip flops in my car back with I worked construction in the summers.

Darren

plus 1 on the flip flops
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #28
I have never worn a sandal or flip flop in my life.

Reply #29
I am with you Vinny on FLIP FLOPS./ Every time i see a guy wearing them i immediately think @#$. Nothing is in my opinion is as bad as a guy wearing them. The fact that guys wear them other than when i am in my pool and a wet bathing suite makes me wonder about them!!!!  Have a great weekend guys.