Skip to main content
Topic: bad product key? (Read 1613 times) previous topic - next topic

bad product key?

my laptop went down a few weeks ago to a corrupt boot log. So i grabed the vista disk and looked at it and it was cracked. So i had to upgrade to windows 7. so i got the software yesterday and loaded it up today and went to put in the key and it told me it was a invalid key. so i retyped it and triple checked it and still nothing. so i have no clue what to do next. Was wondering if anyone knows on what to do becides take it back to the store. Thanks Guys!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

bad product key?

Reply #1
If you were a lot closer to missouri, I'd set you up...

I've put 7 Ultimate on 3 comps with nary an issue. Never messed with Vista, and from what I've been told, it's sure as hell I never will. But anyway, if you've a USB thumb drive of at least 8GB, you can do what I've done...
PM if you want more info or a link of...ahhh, where I...acquired mine :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

bad product key?

Reply #2
Why not just take it back to the store?
...and there was light!

bad product key?

Reply #3
Or call Microsoft. If it's a legit copy they should be able to help you.

Did you buy it at a legit store or a fly-by-night operation? A fly-by-night place could have sold you a bootleg copy (without even knowing it - they could have bought a bunch of copies cheap... too cheap)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

bad product key?

Reply #4
nope i got it from walmart. now dont they have to regester it just like a cell phone?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com