Skip to main content
Topic: My new workstation (stage 3) (Read 2543 times) previous topic - next topic

My new workstation (stage 3)

Well, just the desk.

I've been longing for a big roomy "L" desk for quite a long while now, but haven't had the gumption to go out and spend $800+ on one.

Well, I work in construction and sometimes that is a big plus for me.

I was working on a department store remodel last week, and this desk was leftover from the store that was in the space before. I guess the demo crew didn't feel like taking the big heavy SOB apart and tossing it. So, I asked the GC if they were saving it for anything, and he told me it was mine if I wanted it. Well, I WANTED IT!

I had two of my friends at work help me get it home, I took the small section off and put it in one guys truck, and it took 4 of us to get the big part in the other truck. When we got it home I had to disassemble it into 4 more pieces to get it into the apartment and in the back room with the pc.

Swept it off while it was at work, and then wiped it down with some Pledge when I got it home, shines like a dream and I got myself about a 800-1000$ desk FOR FREE!!!!!

I'm extatic.

My original desk had everything on it that the whole new desk has, but was only the size of the small leg! What a difference!!!!
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #1
I love working construction. You wouldn't believe the stuff that's followed me home in the last 27 years. Nice score
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2
sweeeet
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #3
props man! I was pretty psyched when I got my U desk too. If you ever get to my apartment you'll see it.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

stage 2:

Reply #4
So......

Wait for it

And all of this cost me.......

wait for it........

$0 :D:D:D

My neighbor was moving down the street. In the process, he remembered that he had this system. He had this ($300)!!! system installed in his old house in tampa. When he moved here he never had it reinstalled. So, in the process of his second move, he came across it. He asked me if I wanted it on account of the fact that he didn't feel like installing it where he was going either.

Well, of course I wanted it! Only problem was that I already have an AWESOME system set up in my living room, so I was trying to figure out what to do with it, then it hit me:  PUT IT ON THE COMPUTER!!!!!!

So, that is what I did, and lemme tell you, its pretty  awesome. Now I can finally play Doom 3 in 5.1!!:D:D:D
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #5
I want that desk! I've been searching for a decent desk for quite some time. My 3rd LCD is hanging on for dear life.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #6
Quote from: Ether947;340757
My 3rd LCD is hanging on for dear life.
...Well......

If you'd spend a little less money on MONITORS and maybe a little more on desks.....:dunno:

Just saying;)
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #7
Haven't found one I like yet. OR at least one that I am willing to spend any decent amount of money on.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #8
Yeah, I know. If I hadn't stumbled onto this one, I most likely still wouldn't have one. No matter how bad I was after it, I just couldn't justify spending as much money as could buy me TWO more cars or a SL of parts on a few pieces of wood....
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

stage 3:

Reply #10
Wall mounted monitor:D

Now if I can just get a bigger monitor I will be super happy

That is a sound panel back there behind it if you're wondering
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #11
I soo need a setup like that, all i got right now is using my lappy in my lazyboy in front of the tv lol
I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip: