Skip to main content
Topic: It's been a while (Read 1313 times) previous topic - next topic

It's been a while

Almost 9 years, actually, since I was last active here.

Here is the current state of my '84:

I need to get my butt in gear.  I want to have it ready for that thing that is happening in 2017.  At one point I had plenty of time to make it what I want for the deadline I set for myself.  Who knows if I'll get it done in time.  My plans have changed so many times because of how little time I have left, which keep shrinking, which forces more cuts.

Anyway, hopefully me getting myself involved again will help with my lack of motivation.  Unfortunately, I need a lot of parts.  I hoping to get some help tracking them down.  Once the snow dies, it's getting stripped.  Here's to finally achieving my goal.

It's been a while

Reply #1
Heya! Welcome back..I always did like your Cat. :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

It's been a while

Reply #2
Wow! Has it been 9 yrs? Where has the time gone?

So what's happening in 2017? :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

It's been a while

Reply #3
I'd have to assume 50 year anniversary for the cougar
41 Dodge Luxury Liner Sedan
78 F-100 2wd flareside
84Turbo Coupe
84 Thunderbird Élan
85 Thunderbird 3.8
88 Turbo Coupe
88 Mustang GT
90 Stang LX 5.0 5spd
93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

It's been a while

Reply #4
^ What he said.  I don't know, it just feels that after 50, there won't be anymore big Cougar meet ups.  I hope it's just a weird feeling.

Yeah 9 years, I can't believe it's been that long either.  The car has sat for most of that, there were a few times I worked on it.  It liked playing the one thing after another game, and I got sick of it.  Then I just got lazy.  I'm excited to start this project but worried that I won't find the parts or have enough money to get it where I want it in time.