Skip to main content
Topic: 86 cougar 351w swap... (Read 23418 times) previous topic - next topic

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #15
You may get away with closing the hood. I'm using the non rpm performer with the 750 dp and no spacer. I asked what carb cause with my combo big cam and decent heads and mechanical advance distributor the double pumper is a little much around town but a blast when WOT. With vac secondaries and a vac advance distributor you should be pretty drivable. Going 5.0 to 5.8 the tranny should stay in same spot and use same drive shaft.
 Good luck as as I was told during my build its a hobby have fun.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #16
Finally feed the cat her 351; other than using a POS hoist, all went well.... Still have to check the driveshaft to see if it will work with the C-4 and see which headers going to fit and convert the shift to the floorX
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #17
where did the altonator bracket come from? need som pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #18
Alt bracket pulled from 78 ltd in junkyard....
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #19
Well i learn one thing today, mustang gt headers will not fit with this combo! Was trying to wait til later to buy new headers because of my budget. But guess what? My budget just changed! So if anyone can recommend some headers that will fit this combo without breaking the bank, would be much appreciated... Thanks
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #21
thats what im using held up nice so far

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #22
Thanks guys, going to order the BBK 351w engine swap headers #1511. Then i can start looking for a headers back exhaust kit.... Then on to the braking system....
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #23
After eight years in the garage, finally gets to see daylight....  Waiting on exhaust system to get here.
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #24
I got the gt headers to fit, but had to "dimple" the third runner from the steering shaft. But will still install the bbk shorties when they arrive......
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #25
Is it running yet?  Took. Months off on mine....put a good 10 hours this weekend....u got more pictures?

Travis

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #26
Installed new b&m starshifter and three of five gauges today..... On to the brakes next week.XXX
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #27
Getting closer.....XXX
How fast is fast?

86 cougar 351w swap...

Reply #29
Finished with the fuel and brake lines today. Going to replace the battery tray and battery cables in the trunk tomorrow......
How fast is fast?