Skip to main content
Topic: dreaded red x's (Read 1720 times) previous topic - next topic

dreaded red x's

Another newbie question... I have been looking around for ideas for my 85 t-bird and have encountered a problem... Every time someone attaches a pic, all I see is the dreaded red x. Am I missing something or do I have something set wrong? I have tried everything I could think of with no results...Thanks.

dreaded red x's

Reply #1
sorry... forgot key info... Toshiba satellite, celeron m, windows xp media center, 1024 mb memory,

dreaded red x's

Reply #2
At school I get that. You internet " blocker/spyware/whatever" is keeping it from coming up IMO

dreaded red x's

Reply #3
It may be your security level in your browser, or it could be a firewall setting. Are you using a pop-up blocker or similar? If so there should be a setting to allow images and pop-up windows from this site.

dreaded red x's

Reply #4
You won't see alot of the pic becasue when we moved to a different server we lost alot of them. Not sure when the surver changed.

dreaded red x's

Reply #5
That sure sux.... Seen lots of wright ups on mods I would love to try..But I would like to see the finnished product first....From people who have spent the time to make theirs just right... Oh well....

dreaded red x's

Reply #6
Wewsel, I agree with Eric here.  It's probably something in your browser or firewall.  I know with my last firewall (Kerio), it has browser security levels that I totally forgot about until I wasn't viewing pages properly!  Check the settings in your browser or firewall and see if it's fixed.

Fila, your school might be blocking some sites people use to post their pictures.  I usually use my ISP's FTP service to host photos on forums rather than uploading them to the forums server.  Most people use like photobucket, myspace or webshots to host their photos which is usually blocked from all educational computers in schools.  You could use an anonymity program to bypass your schools web restriction, but that would only work if they allow you to install new software which would surprise me if they did as their group policy usually restricts that to prevent threats.