Skip to main content
Topic: Interior paint (Read 3476 times) previous topic - next topic

Interior paint

Where can I find paint to to-do my pillars ? I have tried A-Z and nothing was even close in color. I have a dark blue interior. Most I find is too light or has a purple tint..
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Interior paint

Reply #1
Have you tried SEM products? They have a 15043 color coat aerosol called shadow blue. The chip I have doesn't look too purplish. Back when I used solvent based basecoat (DuPont, now Axalta) I could mix vinyl paint in just about any color. May want to check with a body shop or paint supplier. You will have to spray it with a spray gun but may be the only way to get what you are looking for.

Interior paint

Reply #2
Thanks, Bodyman. I picked up some SEM shadow blue and was happy with the results. The color was much better than anything from a local parts store. Thanks again.
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Interior paint

Reply #3
You're welcome. Good to hear it worked out.