Skip to main content
Topic: EEC tuning with Moates QH. (Read 11348 times) previous topic - next topic

EEC tuning with Moates QH.

Reply #45
Quote from: TheFoeYouKnow;451287
except that changes don't require another $400 visit.  Don't waste your money on BE, either.  It's not that great, not for $100, anyway.

Not having to pay for changes is nice. I've looked at BE before. It looks like I could easily input a MAF transfer function and injector slopes in BE. Problem is I look at things like load and spark advance and I have no idea what I'm doing there. I feel like even if I buy a Quarterhorse I'm going to have to have someone besides myself look at it or tune it anyway. I don't think I have quite enough knowledge to do it myself. At least to get maximum performance out of the engine.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #46
Heard about THIS little guy the other day and picked one up.  So it took about 20 minutes to add it to my Quarterhorse today, then I paired my laptop (has Bluetooth) to it and played with my tune wirelessly, which was indescribably awesome.  After that, I datalogged it all the way home on my phone.  I have arrived in the future.

Reply #47
That's awesome. I was wondering if there was a way to do that

Reply #48
That's awesome. I was wondering if there was a way to do that.

Re: EEC tuning with Moates QH.

Reply #49
Links are dead, so the phone app is called TunerView in the play store.
(I'm commenting on on my important tech threads with updates and other info so that they show up to Gumby as recent posts and finding the tech info on my car from the board is easier)