Skip to main content
Topic: Trans crossmember? (Read 581 times) previous topic - next topic

Trans crossmember?

Anyone have a good crossmember to fit an '86 with a T-5?

Trans crossmember?

Reply #1
id think the cross member would be universal for all fox body cars... be it automatic or manual trans.... i beleive the mount may differ tho.  i could have a cross member available soon tho

Trans crossmember?

Reply #2
Where you at?

Trans crossmember?

Reply #3
Check with cougarman...  I think he still has mine from my TC.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Trans crossmember?

Reply #4
FWIW, the Mustang one is the same if you have to order one.  They run about $65 new.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Trans crossmember?

Reply #5
the mustang one is different than the TC, mustang has a 2 bolt trans mount and TC have a single stud. but the stang one will work if you buy a new trans mount . And i do still have ether's crossmember its in mint condition (looks new) just PM him for a price
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Trans crossmember?

Reply #6
the mustang one is different than the TC, mustang has a 2 bolt trans mount and TC have a single stud

You don't have pics of a TC one handy, do you?
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Trans crossmember?

Reply #7
Actually the 2.3 T5 crossmember is the the same as the tbird and mustang.  The auto 2.3 crossmember uses the single bolt crossmember.
One 88

Trans crossmember?

Reply #8
well thats no entirely true, the t-5 tc has a unique trans mount and crossmemeber, and the auto uses a completely diffrent style. heres the pics the TC is top and the mustang-tbird-cougar is bottom
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Trans crossmember?

Reply #9
Hmm...  Well you could use a mustang crossmember and use a mustang t5 mount.  Probably better that way.
One 88

Trans crossmember?

Reply #10
Quote from: cougarman;206979
mustang has a 2 bolt trans mount and TC have a single stud. but the stang one will work if you buy a new trans mount . 
you are correct:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Trans crossmember?

Reply #11
Thanks!  Good to know!;)

Trans crossmember?

Reply #12
Quote from: cougarman;207025
you are correct:D

Haha.  I guess I wasn't paying attention.  I should have known if you had posted then the answer was already in there. :D
One 88

Trans crossmember?

Reply #13
Look like to me you could drill a hole or two and make it work.

TED