Skip to main content
Topic: Finally got it...... (Read 3117 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally got it......

Hee,hee! 'Nuff said. :evilgrin:
Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0 :shoothead

Quote from: JeremyB;165772
Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Quote from: Big_D
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.

Re: Finally got it......

Reply #1
What is that a 351?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #2
cant really tell, is that a fuel injected 351 or a 302?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
Truck motor, methinks.  Truck 302's had that wierd intake.

Reply #4
dual snokrle twin throttle boddies. after I saw the intake I thought it was an inline 6, the I noticed that it was an 8
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #5
Intake appears to be too wide for a 5.0, looks like a 351 to me...

Reply #6
Should be a 351. I remember him saying something about it in another post by Bane and his 331 or 351 question.

Quote from: Warbird9
I'd say 351, but I might be a little biased  I recently picked up a 351. 

Reply #7
Yup, 351! It's out of a 95 F250, and supposedly has alittle over 100k. As soon as I get it on a stand I'll get some better pics.
Resident "Idiot".

Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.

Reply #8
Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
thats the way i went. I hope yours is a roller.
One i had was sopose to be a rollor and when we tore it done it was not.
I went with Crane hydraulic roller lifters and forged pistons witch i just had one fail.
so rebuilding it again

Reply #10
a quick way to tell that it's a 351 is the amount of metal, ie. the deck height, between the head and the bellhousing area on the block...
302 engines are nearly flush, and 351's are like an inch or so above...
that and I could tell that it was out of truck by the intake... :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #11
Quote from: SirChirpAlot
thats the way i went. I hope yours is a roller.
One i had was sopose to be a rollor and when we tore it done it was not.
I went with Crane hydraulic roller lifters and forged pistons witch i just had one fail.
so rebuilding it again

Ford begain casting roller 351 blocks in mid '93 for the '94 models, so a '95 block should be roller. If it has a F4....... casting #(near the starter) it's definatly a roller block.

Reply #12
Mine was sopose to be a roller but when we tore it down it was not.
We had it shiped in and the guy said it was so we didn;t care and went with it,
Not till we had intake off did i find out it was not one.
But i dont care as i em better off with the way i went it just cost a bit more LOL

Reply #13
Yeah, it has the F4 casting on it. Took awhile to get it on the stand, been busy with getting things ready for the addition we're putting on the house. I'm hoping to get some wrench time soon so I can get it torn down to send it out to the machine shop. :headbang:
Resident "Idiot".