Skip to main content
Topic: '85 Cougar LS (Black) Leather Steering Wheel wanted... (Read 1587 times) previous topic - next topic

'85 Cougar LS (Black) Leather Steering Wheel wanted...

Reply #15
Have you checked with the resto people. Type in "steering wheel restoration" and look what comes up. A lot of businesses out there to do it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
I have the steering wheel .. but it is worse shape than yours.... it you want/need  a spare one to play with.... shoot me an offer...

1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Reply #17
Quote from: BogusSVO;329269
I have the steering wheel .. but it is worse shape than yours.... it you want/need  a spare one to play with.... shoot me an offer...

BogusSVO , Thanks for the offer I'm waiting on another members steering wheel photo friend. :D

Dan & Paula ;)

Reply #18
no prob.... best of luck with getting it fixed up
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Reply #19
Quote from: BogusSVO;329276
no prob.... best of luck with getting it fixed up
Here is the place we have picked to releather our Wheel and hoping to have another 1 that doesn't look to bad and still go Carshowing. :D

http://www.american-stitches.com/images/Make-Model/Ford-Lincoln/Mercury/Mercury%20Cougar.jpg

Dan & Paula ;)

Reply #20
With all of this talk,I think I may wrap the Sport's wheel.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #21
I think you should Vinnie , I just bought a leather wheel instead .
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #22
Quote from: vinnietbird;329248
Just grab any old cheap steering wheel from one of these cars...or a Stang.It's just temporary anyway.

Oh yeah any Fox platform wheel will work as a temp plus any of the ones off the boxy Crown Vics and Grand Marquis before they got airbags!

Reply #23
Quote from: ipsd;329256
You could always make a new cover yourself. Trust me it is simple.
All I did was take the factory cover off measure up the new leather to the old cover. Then folded and glued the edges down. Then you need to poke the holes and stitch it on.

Stuckman

With the four spoke wheel I am using now I purposely cut the stitching at the seam and took the worn original leather wrap off intact and saved it just in case I needed to have it duplicated.

Reply #25
Quote from: hypostang;329283
I think you should Vinnie , I just bought a leather wheel instead .

Show me a pic.I'm not against swapping out the TC wheel.I'd like something that fits the car,looks good,and,if possible,has cruise.If not,I can find out how to move my cruise buttons to the dash. Also not a big deal to me.

Reply #27
WOW !!! That's nice. I want something close to that,but a little different.Hard to explain. I need to hit ebay and shop around.I assume you need an install kit for it?If so,it doesn't push the wheel out does it?

Reply #28
Quote from: vinnietbird;329292
WOW !!! That's nice. I want something close to that,but a little different.Hard to explain. I need to hit ebay and shop around.I assume you need an install kit for it?If so,it doesn't push the wheel out does it?

Grant also has cruise button kits to work with the cruise cars... The buttons slide in and out depending on the thickness of the botton spoke.

Grant's adpaters do not push the wheel out.

Reply #29
Got a ling to get one of those? I like that....or,the freebie way...just move my buttons.