Skip to main content
Topic: 1987tbird50 (Read 2906 times) previous topic - next topic

1987tbird50

Reply #30
I hope all charges get reversed to him.

Well lookie here.

Reply #32
http://erie.craigslist.org/cto/3722203546.html

1987 Ford Thunderbird - $1300 (east erie)

I am selling a 1987 Thunderbird that has a 3.8 v6 auto trans.I bought  this car with the intention of putting a v8 in it and racing it.Well I  have too many other projects in front of this one so I'm selling it  before it sits to long.The body and paint are good for its age and the  interior is decent too.The whole car justs needs gone over fast.It needs  plugs and wires and I believe it will run great.The car is drvable  as-is also.Since Ive had this car I replaced every moving piece in the  front end .ALL at the same time.Balljoints tierods sway bar bushings.I  also have a sport spring set I will include if you want them.There  eibach and will lower the ride by one inch.I also have purchased a set  of thuderbird ground effects and also hood.The car could be a nice  cruser this summer with just a little time.I have way more into this  than my asking price.Pictures will be posted later.Thanks, $ 1300 obo  814 7905236 I also have other wheels and tires for this car we can  discuss. I need this gone so make me an offer I wont refuse!!        
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
            Posting ID: 3722203546
       Posted: 2013-04-13,  4:09PM EDT
                   email to a friend

And then:

http://erie.craigslist.org/pts/3722240132.html

thunderbird side skirts and turbo hood - $150 (erie)

As title says.I have a hood and the side ground effects that fit Ford  thunderbird/mercury cougar they are factory turbo coupe pieces.Thanks  150 obo        
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
            Posting ID: 3722240132
       Posted: 2013-04-13,  4:09PM EDT
                   email to a friend

'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #34
imagine that..

that's why I posted the whole ad, as well as take multiple screen shots of it.

Since paypal has decided to ignore me, and not serve justice, I'm calling both the Linn County Sheriff's office, as well as the local PD out there and getting something going on. I'm pretty sure the cops are familiar with this fugging piece of shiznite.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #36
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;412920
i've discovered that paypal is a shaging joke.

If anyone here wants business with me from here on...it's gonna be by a money order, or a wire-sort of thing.

Paypal basically told me to piss off, in slightly more family friendly wording. So I calls up my good ole credit card company....they tell me to fax them a copy of everything, and they'll get shiznit right.

Paypal is a joke when you pay as a gift. They don't get a commission when you pay as gift, so they don't care. Can't say I blame them. Hopefully the Credit  Card company can help you out.

1987tbird50

Reply #37
One shouldn't be too awfully upset with Paypal when paying as a gift and the transaction goes wrong. When the one recieving the money wants it that way, he is trying to avoid the fees that paypal charges, and deserves,  for their service and that person is lying to them. If we send money to a person, for a purchase, and then tell paypal the money is being sent as a gift, we are going along with scam. We are just as guilty for going along with it. Paypal provides a service for a fee and all of us that use it agree to that up front when we electronically signed their user agreement. I'm not trying to criticize anyone here. I can't stand a crook either. But when we agree to get in bed with a crook, chances are good that it won't be good for us either.

1987tbird50

Reply #38
Quote from: 50RACER;413337
One shouldn't be too awfully upset with Paypal when paying as a gift and the transaction goes wrong. When the one recieving the money wants it that way, he is trying to avoid the fees that paypal charges, and deserves,  for their service and that person is lying to them. If we send money to a person, for a purchase, and then tell paypal the money is being sent as a gift, we are going along with scam. We are just as guilty for going along with it. Paypal provides a service for a fee and all of us that use it agree to that up front when we electronically signed their user agreement. I'm not trying to criticize anyone here. I can't stand a crook either. But when we agree to get in bed with a crook, chances are good that it won't be good for us either.

If I KNEW I was going to get taken....well, I wouldn't be here g and moaning about it, now would I?

All it did was make me suspicious of everyone out there who comes on here to sell a part...sorry, if I don't know your first and last name, or have done business with you before, you're probably not going to get my money.

About 1 day after the sumbitch got my money, I did some digging, and knew I'd made a f*ck-up. I appreciate the insight on the gift option for paypal, rest assured that will never happen again. The sspoogebag has been outed on 4 forums, but I was a bit late to the party, as he's been banned already from them. Including here. In a few days, I should have something from the LE out his way....at this point, I don't even care about the money, long as the cops know he's still ripping folks off, and if they can get his ass on some fraud charges, that'd be great, however, I don't have the means to file a legal suit, and I'm not sure if an interstate small claims court case is feasible. Yeah, I got ripped off. Lesson learned, all right.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #39
I hope the police can do something about it also.

1987tbird50

Reply #40
The police won't be able to do anything to him over this itself, as this is a civil matter. You gave him your money as a gift, plain and simple. Unless he is selling stolen parts, then they will be all over it.

If you want something done about it, you will have to take it upon yourself, otherwise you should just let it go.