Skip to main content
Topic: 1987tbird50 (Read 2976 times) previous topic - next topic

1987tbird50

Tried contacting you several times since Friday regarding our transaction, but no reply to my emails and PMs.

THREAD.

Cliff's notes:
Seller had a set of springs, I made a payment via paypal as a gift, as he requested.
Payment went on hold due to transferring from my checking account to paypal, so he refunded me, asked me to send it again.

I set my paypal to debit the money directly from my credit card, and the payment went through. Again as a gift, per seller's request.
He said he was sending out the springs that day (Feb 2) and I mistakenly assumed it was going to be a straightforward deal.

I refuse to bash or name call, and should the springs arrive tomorrow or the next day, this thread will be deleted.

Just saying that things do not seem so good, and I'm apparently out 125 bucks.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #1
seller:
(2-1-13)
I will do it for the 100.another member has been pming me about them.He has offered mesome rediculas amount![INDENT] paypal is    guywendy331@neo.rr.com

The springs as you can see are new.I will give you a set of new in the boxes rear shocks FREE
Thanks Let me know as soon as you can.Thanks        [/INDENT]

me:
(2-8-13)
Hey hey! Just following up to check on the status of the springs.

Thanks a lot!
Beau 
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #2
I too paid for some parts, (Mint Marchall 750 foglights with white covers)  I sent a message and he stated that he couldnt get to the car to get them pulled off and would try again the next saturday (yesterday) I havent heard anything since.  I too paid with paypal as a gift.  I will wait and see what happens.

1987tbird50

Reply #3
*NEVER* use the Gift option on Paypal unless you want nothing in return for parting with your $$$

1987tbird50

Reply #4
Yeh. Pretty well ruined it for me, in regards to buying from people that aren't regulars.

I know some people out that way, we'll see what happens next.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #6
Yeah, he got us, I'm afraid. Sucks, now that I have a good job, lots of new guys here, some with access to good parts for sale, and now I'm not nearly so trusting.

Ahh well, 15 years of dealing in internet car parts, bound to get burned sooner or later.

Oh yeah, I've got a phone number, I'll pass it along in messenger right quick...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #7
Nevermind on the phone number, it's a st louis #. He posted it as his own in a thread awhile back. funny how a sumbitch from PA would have a missouri phone number.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #8
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;409225
Nevermind on the phone number, it's a st louis #. He posted it as his own in a thread awhile back. funny how a sumbitch from PA would have a missouri phone number.

Can paypal help at all? Can you tell them you mistakenly sent it to the wrong person?

1987tbird50

Reply #9
I'd like to know what PP has to say about it also.

As far as I know, when Gift option selected your SOL.

1987tbird50

Reply #10
They seem to be wanting to work with me. I didn't have time to call today, but there are new developments in the ordeal. Details later.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #11
The latest, via PM:
Seller:
shag you !!!!!!Scammer I have shipped all ITEMS.Yes Im slow but not a  scammer!!!!You guy are professional scammers!You waited until you knew  the shiznit shipped and now your filling a claim?Hell no Your stuff is  coming.The sping are coming parcel post!!!I spent $55 to ship.They said  its slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You suck not people

My reply:
Send me a tracking number showing the parts are en route, I'll be  extremely glad to put this ordeal in the past. As well as a public  apology the minute they arrive.

If you haven't shipped the springs, then just be good enough to return my money, one or the other.

I reiterate: tracking number ASAP, or I'll go ahead with my dispute via paypal.
Show me proof they've been sent, and this will go away.                          

His JUST received response in it's entirety: "wow"

My reply to that:
Really? "wow"?

I've shipped a lot of things over the years, they  have always gave me a tracking number printed on a piece of paper.  Always. It even has an expected arrival date. I have always let the  buyer know when I shipped the parts, and provided a tracking number.  It's business. Now let's get to business.
Do you have a tracking number?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

1987tbird50

Reply #12
1Z18R20A0399444758 http://www.ups.com  this is the tracking number that I received in my paypal claim.  and last I knew, I dont live in Erie, PA..  hell I've never even been that far east....

1987tbird50

Reply #13
it took 3 days to go from Erie, Pa to Erie, Pa... new worlds record in package delivery
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

1987tbird50

Reply #14
I'm going to ask Chuck or someone who has Tha Powa to lock this, and whenever I get some satisfaction, I'll update, and have this thread locked and made a sticky, or deleted (should those springs magically appear).

Thank You.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6