Skip to main content
Topic: Leads on brake line kits? (Read 845 times) previous topic - next topic

Leads on brake line kits?

88TC, hard line sprung a leak right where the firewall and the crossmember meet. I don't imagine anyone makes pre-bent lines for these old shiznitboxes, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has a lead on who might. I've spent two afternoons looking around the googles and came up empty. Help?

Or if there's no help to be had, just the friendly pat on the shoulder a shake of the head will suffice.
'88 Turbocoupe 5 speed.

Re: Leads on brake line kits?

Reply #1
Classic tube has an application.

https://classictube.com/product/ford-thunderbird-brake-line-kit-non-v8-motors-19871988-2/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 T/C body with a 5.0 transplant. Motor has a Vortech V-2 supercharger, Edlebrock Performer RPM II intake, heads, FRPP F-303 cam, Comp Cams roller rockers, Power Pipe, LMAF, full Mac exhaust, lowered, Koni's, 5 lug conversion, Cobra wheels, 13" Cobra brakes, etc.
SOLD September 2020. Will miss this car after 19 years of building/driving/showing it off. Time for a new chapter in my life.
Dynoed 446 horse/409 torque at the wheels.
2003 Tenth Anniversary Cobra Convertible. 1 of 369 Torch Red made.
2021 Chevrolet 3500 dually, crew cab Duramax.

Re: Leads on brake line kits?

Reply #3
Y'all are life savers...I was really not looking forward to paying someone else to screw up hand bending new lines and then screwing up the bleeding procedure... Just ordered the stainless set so I'll never have to worry about this BS again.
'88 Turbocoupe 5 speed.