Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out 1987 Thunderbird Sport 5l (Read 1076 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out 1987 Thunderbird Sport 5l

Hello:

New member to this forum. I am a member of the TCCoA forum, but found not many owners of this model. I am in the process of transplanting the drivetrain from the subject vehicle into a 1973 Mustang. So, I joined this group so I can ask questions about the particulars of the 87, especially the harness and EFI stuff, that will be my first time attempting this.

So, I have these parts that I will not be using that I would like to go to a good home.  The car is in Fort Mohave, AZ, very near the Colorado river. I am using the engine, Trans, driveshaft, and wiring harness. Most the rest of the car is available. As an added benefit, I will be traveling on I40 at the first of September to Texas, so if something big is desired, and I40 isn’t a long trip fir you to make, we might be able to arrange an off ramp transaction.

Let me know what you need and I’ll get back to you. According to the previous owner, the car was well optioned, but does not have the original rims. Here are a few pics of what I’ve already removed (dash insert, instrument console, AC Heat unit, radiator with cowl) and I have a tilt wheel, nice hood, hinges, etc. PM me if you would like to talk. Steve

Re: Parting out 1987 Thunderbird Sport 5l

Reply #1
Do you still have the instrument cluster? Do you know how many miles is on the odometer?  How much do you want for it?
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #2
Yes I replied to your PM.

Reply #3
I still have these parts if anyone is interested; today, the remains of the 87 TBird went to the salvage yard.

Reply #4
I still have dash, instrument cluster, clock, radiator, and radiator shroud. If interested, PM me. Thanks.

Reply #5
Did you sell the hood hinges?
87 Tbird LX w/Factory floor shifter:D   3G upgrade. Tinted Windows...85 Mustang GT steering wheel(non-cruise) 17'' Saleen SC style wheels,Front/Rear TC sway bars/poly bushings & Mustang GT steering rack...'05 Mustang V6 springs...93 Cobra MC & booster, MM adjustable C/C plates,  Work  In  Progress.......  ( On The Shelf---HO computer, 19lb injectors, HO cam, BBK headers, Explorer Intake, Cold Air Intake ,Phantom Gauges, Stinger stainless exhaust pipes )
 S O L D

Reply #6
Sorry, they went with the car to the salvage yard. It’s in Needles, CA.