Skip to main content
Topic: BlueBird (Read 39695 times) previous topic - next topic

BlueBird

Enter one 1987, solid, clean, base V6 car

X
X

Add one minor traffic incident,
X

And the result is my newest project. I was trying to sell this car for my Dad so I wouldn't buy it myself as I already have too many irons in the fire, but the buy-back from the insurance company was too good to pass up. :evilgrin:
I am gonna be sitting on this one for a bit while I continue another build, so this is primarily an intro thread to show she's not headed to the crusher.

I am honing my ideas and beginning the info/parts gathering stage. Stay tuned, there are big things ahead! :birdsmily:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

BlueBird

Reply #1
I always did like the Bluebird. Shame that the 8-holes are only 14", they look sharp as a new razor on that car..
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

BlueBird

Reply #2
Good luck with your project...what blue is that?  Looks lighter than Mark's 86 tbird...

Travis

BlueBird

Reply #3
I was wondering about the rims you have on the white TB. I really like those! It would be nice to find them in a 4 lug. Your Bluebird looks like a real clean project, you can't miss on a deal like that!

BlueBird

Reply #4
I always thought it would be cool to clone the 14" 8 holes into a 17" wheel.  Looks like a clean ride!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

BlueBird

Reply #5
Paint code is 33, Light Regatta Blue.

Wheels on the TC are 90's JDM 3pc Desmonds with custom outer halves to create the offsets I wanted. They will be transferred to the blue car when the suspension is swapped over.

X

BlueBird

Reply #6
Can't go wrong with that.  If I remember correctly you are skipping power tour this year?  Maybe I can check out the blue car next year if the tour comes closer to home!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

BlueBird

Reply #7
No Tour this year for me :disappoin We will see how long it takes them to bring the route back close again!

You are not that far from me. If you're ever around Indy let me know, you can check the car out anytime.

BlueBird

Reply #8
I was actually going to Indy a year or two ago and saw your car parked at a parts store or something (can't remember where now).  I almost stopped to chat but didn't want to come across as an Internet stalker, lol.

Are you swapping the TC nose/bumper and interior into the blue car?

BlueBird

Reply #9
If you were coming up thru Mooresville on 67, that would be the Advance I work at part time. Shoulda stopped, I actually get quite a few people who do stop just to check it out when its sittin in the lot.

The interior is considerably nicer, and more complete, on the blue car. I am thinking about having my Saleen seats redone in blue to match; they need recovered anyhow.
It will get a TC bumper cover, but not the header panel.

BlueBird

Reply #10
Chris , I wouldn't mind seeing both of your birds down at Greg's shop in July. :burnout:

BlueBird

Reply #11
Quote from: gumby;416338
If you were coming up thru Mooresville on 67, that would be the Advance I work at part time. Shoulda stopped, I actually get quite a few people who do stop just to check it out when its sittin in the lot.

The interior is considerably nicer, and more complete, on the BlueBird. I am thinking about having my Saleen seats redone in blue to match; they need recovered anyhow.
It will get a TC bumper cover, but not the header panel.

Yep, that Advance is exactly where I saw the TC parked.

Look forward to seeing the progress on this one!

BlueBird

Reply #12
It has only been three years.... The blue car has been stored, started and moved periodically, but remains untouched thus far. The needs of my RaceTruck project have grown to include the engine from my TC and thus one must become lesser for the others to become greater

X
X

Although the motivation to take the TC off the road was to transplant the engine to the RaceTruck, it also means the suspension parts(tubular Kmember, coilovers, IRS, etc.) are now just taking up space under the car. This may or may not foreshadow the beginning of a move toward those parts taking residence under the blue car. Please continue to hold, someone will be with you shortly... :slap:

BlueBird

Reply #13
2.3 Ecoboost?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

BlueBird

Reply #14
I am pretty set on keeping the blue car a 6cyl