Skip to main content
Topic: $1.00 gas (Read 25186 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: $1.00 gas

Reply #15
No wonder you're coughing. You've got a bush in your throat :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #16
Does anyone really think we'll see a difference in gas prices once Bush is out of office?  (This is assuming we don't end up with another one?  I work at a privately-owned Marathon station and a majority of the people that come in blame the entire gas issue on president Bush.  They'll say "oh, he's an oil man, he stands to make more money".  Is all of this really true?  If GWB is so responsible for this in the US then why is it going on in Canada, too?

Reply #17
Quote from: Ifixyawata
If GWB is so responsible for this in the US then why is it going on in Canada, too?

Because Canada's prices also reflect the ability (or lack) of the US to negotiate terms with OPEC. Not to get into a political debate or anything, but the Bush administration has been far less resilient in dealing with the OPEC nations concerning crude oil prices. The Clinton administration was notorious for using the "tough guy" approach to prices since they knew that Americans needed oil, but also that the OPEC nations wanted our money. Bush is faced with a different situation, not only because of his own interests in oil profits, but also because China has become a major player in buying oil from the Middle East. With two major buyers, it gives OPEC definite leverage over prices.

On a side note, drilling/researching ANWAR is not the solution to the pending energy crisis. Even the optimists know that any potential oil supplied by this area would hardly put a dent in import volume, and it would be far more expensive.

Sorry if this sounds over political! Whoops.  :grinno:
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #18
Well, it's not hurting me any. I filled up last night for 48.8 C/L! :banana:

Reply #19
you and your propane...

it just went up to 99.9/liter here today, so dollar gas is one tenth of one cent away...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #20
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
it just went up to 99.9/liter here today, so dollar gas is one tenth of one cent away...

We're only 1 cent behing you at 98.9. We'll see what happens on the 15th when the new pricing comes out here.

Reply #21
Gas in America can't go above 3.75/g. Minimum wage being like 5 something an hour, nobody will be able to afford it. The economy will basicaly fall because nobody will be able to go to work becuase all of their pay check is spent filling up their gas tank.
Around here gas has been going up about $.03 every 3 to 5 days, the highest i've seen so far is 2.10, 2.05 avg around me. I can't afford it. I'm gonna have to quit my job because it's like 20-24 miles to and from my job.

Reply #22
I was working 5 miles away makeing 5.50/hr paying 2.30/gallon
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #23
Gas was 2.34 in logan ohio today.  Funny thing is the speedway station across the street from the citgo station can be up to 20 cents cheaper somtimes.  And the Citgo station is privatly owned.  Hasn't happend for a while but it does ocasionally.  Plus Citgo station right up the highway is always 5 cents cheaper.  But if you go south it is always 5 cents more. 

I agree with t0x1k the economy will fail if this keeps up.  Us poor people cant afford a hybrid!

And I drive 30 miles into logan to work for 7.52 an hour just to spend 5 bucks a day on gas if I go strait there and strait back.  Gota love southern ohio and its hills!
One 88

Reply #24
We have a bar in town (yes a bar) that asked the two gas stations next to him not to sell beer so it wouldn't hurt his business.  They refused, so he installed gas pumps and has his prices at least two cents a gallon less than the two gas stations do!  Last night it was $2.07 a gallon.  Only in Iowa.

Reply #25
the Exxon around the corner from me:  87 Octane- $2.33  89 Octane-$2.51  93 Octane-$2.59.  They are about $0.10 higher than everyone else and people still go there for some reason.  93 is gonna hit $3.00 before the end of 2005 in my opinion.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #26
89 is higher in NY than 87?  Lower here by at least 4 cents a gallon.  Probably because of all the corn around here.

Reply #27
http://www.utahgasprices.com/
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #29
Whoever said that bio diesel was 1.35 doesnt realize that its probably only about 1%. Down in texas theres bio diesel w/ 30% and it costs 10-20 cents more per gallon