Skip to main content
Topic: Added another Ford to the lineup lol (Read 2189 times) previous topic - next topic

Added another Ford to the lineup lol

So been awol a bit since the new job has me busier than a two peckered Billy goat but my Ranger has done it's time. Few weeks ago I bought this. 2013 F150 ecoboost 4x4 with 91k on the clock. Newest thing I've ever owned and the most expensive lol. Gone are my days of rusty cheap dailys so I can afford my hobby lol.

All the 5.0s were out of my price range unless I wanted something high mileage but after driving one of these at work I decided to give them a chance and I'm glad I did. Feel like I'm moving up in the world lol
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Re: Added another Ford to the lineup lol

Reply #1
Congrats on the new wheels!
1988 Thunderbird TC, 5spd
Stinger 3" single exhaust, Cone Filter, Adjustable Cam Pulley, Schneider roller cam, Walbro 255 lph, AEM Wideband O2
'93 Mustang Cobra replica wheels on 235/50R17

'21 F150 Powerboost
'17 Husqvarna TX300

Reply #2
I have heard a lot of people say that the Ecoboost tows better than the 5.0. The truck 5.0 has longer intake runners and different cam profiles, but the power is still higher in the RPMs than most would like for towing. The Ecoboost makes good power down low.

My buddy towed his race car through a variety of terrain, including some mild mountains, and averaged 22mpg. I was pretty impressed.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
Got some torque down low for sure. Haven't towed with it yet tho. 
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost