Skip to main content
Topic: Starting fresh (Read 22684 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Starting fresh

Reply #30
Thankya

It would be going a lot faster if I would get all my parts when they say theyre going to be here lol. On a serious note I have been planning this out for almost 7 years I was just waiting for all the dominoes to fall and planets to align.

As for the truck, 191k   :toothless:  but the price was right I wanted a 14+ crew cab but that wasn't in the cards at the moment. This turd will get me by for a while

Reply #31
Its hotter than blue blazes out here today but I did do something to the old girl. I put a new IAC on it and now she idles all on her own. I'm hoping to have her in the shade this weekend so I can actually do something picture worthy to it.

She runs though so there's that.

Reply #32
Progress is a worthwhile commodity. ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #33
Should put that steering wheel on. Make it easier to maneuver.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #34
Meh. I'll get around to it. I gotta drop the column soon anyway to swap the pedals in and the sn brake booster too. I pulled the wheel only because 1 I have a perfectly nice TC wheel that will take its place. And 2 the base wheel was jelly and gummy and not pleasant

Reply #35
Meh. I'll get around to it. I gotta drop the column soon anyway to swap the pedals in and the sn brake booster too. I pulled the wheel only because 1 I have a perfectly nice TC wheel that will take its place. And 2 the base wheel was jelly and gummy and not pleasant

Actually the base wheel didn't have the leather wrap. That was an option (standard on LX cars). I still don't know why Ford filled the wheel under the leather with that glue/goop.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #36
 :dunno:  I just know it was goopy and had to go. Just been to preoccupied with getting her running to worry about little things. I set the wheel on there to move it around the yard a little but thats it seeing as its all gotta come back out lol. Same reason all the plastic on the column is still off. That and theres a spider web/nest under the clear cover on the cluster

Reply #37
Here's today's progress. To my complete and utter absolute total surprise not one thing under this car gave me any guff. The rear shoes still looked new, the springs were still red and yellow. All the control arm bolts came out without a fuss. I swear its like it was just as easy to tear this one apart as it was my calico car. There is some slight surface rust underneath by the lers considering the condition of the lers I'm not at all surprised :toothless: . I cant wait to tackle the front half now because the neutral shuffle is going to get old.

Reply #38
 :roxor:

Reply #39
Are the lers the rustiest thing under the car?

Reply #40
Pretty much

Reply #41
Coming along nicely.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #42
Thankya!

I ordered tc ebrake cables, does anyone have a clear picture of how they come together?

Reply #43
Did you ever get the pictures you needed?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #44
For the most part. Aside from where the cable attach to the chassis on the driverside